Used PS2 Games Buy 2 Get 2 Free At Gamestop, Need Suggestions!

justinj212

Hey all. Gamestop is putting their used PS2 games on fire sale this week, buy 2 get 2 free (the code is B2G2PSS if it doesn't register automatically, haven't tried to check out yet).

I know used games sales can be a hot button issue among gamers, but the fact of the matter is that shortly, aside from Craigslist and specialty dealers, we will no longer see the vast majority of the PS2 library for retail sale. It's kind of a sad day, but I feel like this is a prime opportunity to pick up some titles I've missed over the past 11 years.

SO, how about some suggestions for those of us eager to capitalize on the sale? I won't make this specific to what I might want, since I'm sure other people will be interested in the sale as well. Anything you'd recommend for the PS2 before it disappears?

Dark Cloud 1 and 2, fun yet overlooked.

Ratchet and Clank series.

Jak and Daxter series. (Including Jak X, an immensely underrated racing game.)

God of War 1 and 2.

Armored Core (lots of them; IMO Armored Core 2 was the best.)

I would be doing some top-rated google searches if I were you, considering that the PS2's library is so massive. I own at least quadruple the games I listed above, but they are definitely the ones I enjoyed the most/got the most value out of.

Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) - strange and awesome giant mech game

Kingdom Hearts - of course

Seriously, RAD is awesome. There's even vs. multiplayer.. and the mechs transform! And the city environments are destructible!

The challenge? you have to control your mech as a person with a remote control from his viewpoint, which means repositioning yourself if your mech travels too far. On top of a tall building with a good view of everything? Count on your opponent trying to destroy that building and knock your guy off!

Dang, now I'm gonna go find that game!

EDIT: I have a slim and it doesn't support backwards compatibility :( Dammit Sony...

The two Castlevania games for the PS2--Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness--aren't terribly bad games. They're not exactly GREAT, but they get some idea's down and the execution is overall good. And of course, the music is fantastic.

Also, Bard's Tale. Because its hilarious.

Why in flaming f*** have none of you mentioned God Hand?

The best 3D beat-em-up of all time, AND Clover's best game, and no one mentions it.

I've been looking for the game, but I haven't been able to find it :(

I may just have to give in and buy it used from Amazon or Ebay...