OCR02225 - Chrono Trigger "To Far Away Inspirations"

djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice arrangement. Considering that I love jazzy remixes, this is right up my alley.

However, I am a little concerned about the fact that the judges had to move a remix by the same remixer over the bar yet again by themselves. Yes, we probably would not have heard this wonderful piece otherwise, but I thought the feedback given by the judges is not just about helping the remixers to improve the music/arrangement side of things, but also the production aspects. Taking care of the latter twice for the same person just seems a bit weird.

Just my two cents.

Very nice arrangement. Considering that I love jazzy remixes, this is right up my alley.

However, I am a little concerned about the fact that the judges had to move a remix by the same remixer over the bar yet again by themselves. Yes, we probably would not have heard this wonderful piece otherwise, but I thought the feedback given by the judges is not just about helping the remixers to improve the music/arrangement side of things, but also the production aspects. Taking care of the latter twice for the same person just seems a bit weird.

Just my two cents.

Hey Martin, thanks for the comment! I'm really surprised (and relieved) that people seem to enjoy the feel of the piece - I was a bit worried that people would think it sounded too much like someone just trying to be jazzy. Which could still be the case, because really, that's sorta what I was doing anyway! :-D

I also just wanted to say, I hear what you're saying about the production issues that I had with my first two pieces and how they were resolved. For sure, I agree that production on a remix should be just as important as the arrangement aspect, and so of course, it should be on the artist to fix anything that is unsatisfactory.

That said, though I was definitely willing to try and fix things up myself (and of course made my attempts at it), Vinnie was nice enough to help me out in the end, as it seemed like just a few little tweeks that were needed to make it sound a lot better, and where I didn't have the proper resources to make those tweeks, he did. He didn't have to, by any means, but that he did, I'm very thankful for.

Anyway, just wanted to kinda explain the situation, because I don't want to come off as being ungrateful or lazy. I admire those who are able to produce great sounding remixes, and have since been trying to learn the ins and outs (pretty overwhelming, but I'm getting there). Just a warning, though - there is actually one more piece of mine that's in the judging process right now that Vinnie put his touches on, as I had originally given him three pieces at the same time, which all had similar sound issues. You've heard the first two, and regardless of whether or not the third gets passed, I'm glad I was able to get the help for it and again, definitely do not take it for granted, and do not expect any similar treatment in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This is a really sweet one. Definitely fits right into the irregular rhythms and distinct stylings of jazz playing, and on top of that there's such a warmth to the arrangement that made it excessively enjoyable.

As is going to be the case with jazz arranging, the source gets swamped with technique and for long patches I struggled to relate the piece with the correct melody, but rest assured, it does shine through at key moments and is a definite backbone to the piece.

A feel-good arrangement coupled with some pretty piano playing. No complaints here, really.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02225 - Chrono Trigger "To Far Away Inspirations"