FSMR (First Super Metroid Remake) needs a programmer(s).

L.T.W.

I THINK YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE WE LIKE SUPER METROID AND YOU DON'T.

Learn some damn reading comprehension skills, are you 5?

And yes, I DO like to end my sentences with a period. It's called "punctuation".

What are you talking about? We all know that changing the physics of an old, classic engine turns out GREAT.

If it turns out SO GREAT, then FUCK OFF, and quit whining and screaming about this project dieing out. I like super metroid, dumbass, that's EXACTLY why I took on the job of programming the remake? DUUUH?

The guy obviously signed up just to troll this thread.

Yeah, and you're helping a lot here. Is every other person who signs up here a troll to you? I guarantee you, I'm not a troll, but when assholes bitch about a game I worked my balls off to even START, that's when I get mad.

It's official; this project is being made by middle schoolers.

So what if it is, mr. maturity? Are you going to cry and whine about it like all the others? Piss off, and give some people a chance.

If it turns out SO GREAT, then FUCK OFF, and quit whining and screaming about this project dieing out. I like super metroid, dumbass, that's EXACTLY why I took on the job of programming the remake? DUUUH?

Yeah, and you're helping a lot here. Is every other person who signs up here a troll to you? I guarantee you, I'm not a troll, but when assholes bitch about a game I worked my balls off to even START, that's when I get mad.

So what if it is, mr. maturity? Are you going to cry and whine about it like all the others? Piss off, and give some people a chance.

And, in his final fit of 12 year old rage, the hypocritical boy swoops in to deal the final blow, hoping to regain reigns of the thread by establishing his mighty superio--

Oh wait, you're the only one screaming and whining in this thread. :P I don't speak for all, but they way you've acted in this thread might turn off programmers from looking to work on this thing. :nicework: Good day.

I programmed it, and what? Did you not expect me to stand up and fight back?
And we are in need of a programmer(s) because our own abandoned us.

This makes for an intersting contrast.

--

Seriously tho, it's not fair to the OP to take the thread into lolfest/trollfest-territory. Whatever good advice we have has been said and seconded, let them make the game however they want.

Good luck with the project. :)

This makes for an intersting contrast.

Good luck with the project. :)

I programmED it. I don't program it. I like this project, but I quit because my skill levels kept on changing and when I found myself hating my own engine, it was too far in production to just start from scratch. I said "Fuck it" and quit. And well i thought it was too much for 1 programmer to handle an entire project. I didn't "ABANDON" anything.

@neblix

And why must I care for what you have to say?

@Phalanx

Way to help out here -_-

I programmED it. I don't program it. I like this project, but I quit because my skill levels kept on changing and when I found myself hating my own engine, it was too far in production to just start from scratch. I said "Fuck it" and quit. And well i thought it was too much for 1 programmer to handle an entire project. I didn't "ABANDON" anything.

It's not too much, Notch could do it (minecraft is considerably larger than a metroid copy).

From what I've seen, most projects like this fail because the programmers drop out (or were never there). It's actually kind of heartwarming to see someone try to recruit new ones. For Game Maker, no less.

Based on the screens on the blog, it's just going to look like the GBA games? I'd be interested in helping with this if it were an HD remake or something that really improved on the original and brought it up to date. If it's just going to be pixel art, then what's the point? Super Metroid is one of the best looking games on the SNES.

Seriously, does anyone think an HD version of Super Metroid would even be fun to play? I have a hard time imagining the feel of the original could be captured in higher resolutions or with higher-quality sound. Of course, it would be kinda awesome to play another platformer with Super Metroid physics.

EDIT: Added the apparently necessary quote.

From what I've seen, most projects fail because the programmers drop out. It's actually kind of heartwarming to see someone try to recruit new ones. For Game Maker, no less.

Seriously, does anyone think a HD version of Super Metroid would even be fun to play? I have a hard time imagining the feel of the original could be captured in higher resolutions or with higher-quality sound. Of course, it would be kinda awesome to play another platformer with the same physics as in Super Metroid.

They don't want to keep the feel of Super Metroid. They're basically remaking it with Zero Mission sprites, physics, and sound.

EDIT: I apologize for not being able to understand that you were responding to a quote made 5 pages ago without referencing or quoting said post. :P

I read the rest of the thread, Neblix, thank you. I was trying to hijack the thread for a theoretical discussion unrelated to its original purpose. I guess I should have quoted the post where an HD remake was mentioned.

It was supposed to add on to the overall feel of suspense and darkness, not just 32bit graphics. Imagine walking into a room, seeing a broken chozo statue with super creepy music popping up, that would be the awesome. But right now, FSMR can't even get a grip on the engine. :sleepdepriv: