Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

DS is pretty specific about it - nothing except the traditional robot masters from MM1-10, M&B and the PSP remake (that is, Oil Man and Time Man). Most likely it'll be a moot point since he'll have the other four robots to pick from if Fake Man is ruled out, but... yeah.

I'd just pick someone else, to make things easier.

Ah shoot I'm going for it! I'll just choose sources that will be easier for me to work with and am more familiar with.

1: Pumpman

2: Starman

3: Fireman

4: Tenguman

5: Brightman

Have no idea how on earth I'll get this done but if nothing else I can enjoy a better mix from my opponent. lol

I won't lie, my big struggle is coming up with the percussion. It was the reason I quit trying to hone my mixing skills. Hopefully now I can get a better handle on this so I can get something out that is listenable.

Well, I haven't done any remixing since (or before) the Grand Maverick Remix Battle, but I'm ready for another go. Here's my picks.

1. Shade Man

2. Flame Man

3. Spring Man

4. Junk Man

5. Pump Man

2. Proto Man

Uh, I believe you can only choose one of the 8 main enemy robot masters of any game, so you probably need to choose another second pick.

Hey, DS, I'd like to enter but I'm afraid not to be able to make music on the first week of the competition. Is it possible for you to put me in the second bracket or something like that? Thanks. :)

Sure.

We have 24 people now.

If anyone else wants to sign up, you have to make sure you get other people to sign up with you, because we'll need 32 people.

EDIT: 26 now. need 6 more people

spring man

knight man

tengu man

gravity man

toad man

i have never played a single mega man game, or heard the music beyond remixes. i just went through the thread and picked a couple random ones. here's to creativity, and hopes that people didn't pick terrible tracks :<

You've picked some good (and oft overlooked) ones. Looking forward to the tournament!!

So I nailed down the notes to my source tune, now my brain is cooking with ideas. Bringing my ideas and the end result together will be the interesting thing though... My goal is to at least get past the first round. Unless I'm against Willrock, then I am dead. :(

So I nailed down the notes to my source tune, now my brain is cooking with ideas. Bringing my ideas and the end result together will be the interesting thing though... My goal is to at least get past the first round. Unless I'm against Willrock, then I am dead. :(

Remember your remixes will each be using TWO source tunes: yours, and your opponent's.

Remember your remixes will each be using TWO source tunes: yours, and your opponent's.

Oh I'm well aware of that. My thinking is if I nail down my main source (Pumpman) I can begin formulating the direction I would like to approach with my first mix. I have several different directions that are dependent on which opponent I face.