Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

Wow this sure has grown.

My comp completely blew up a few days ago (er, more accurately it melted down, actually). I hope that doesn't affect me in this compo, but there's a small chance that I won't be able to participate.

Don't knock me out yet, though - I'm working overtime to get something to write music on again (seriously, I normally work from dirt conditions to begin with - hopefully I can get something working within the next two weeks). I missed this last year and I'd be terribly disappointed if I missed it again this year.

Wow this sure has grown.

My comp completely blew up a few days ago (er, more accurately it melted down, actually). I hope that doesn't affect me in this compo, but there's a small chance that I won't be able to participate.

Don't knock me out yet, though - I'm working overtime to get something to write music on again (seriously, I normally work from dirt conditions to begin with - hopefully I can get something working within the next two weeks). I missed this last year and I'd be terribly disappointed if I missed it again this year.

ohai

i might have something sitting around...?

Just a thought...At least for the first round you should put OCR members who have posted mixes against each other (i.e. WillRock vs. Prophetik), while non-posted members can compete against each other (i.e. Starpheonix vs. fredrickd). That could even the playing field for newer and less experienced members. Let's face it, any newb going against...say...Rozovian would probably have their ass handed to them.

EDIT: Wow, I never finished my thought. Thank you English paper.

Just a thought...At least for the first round you should put OCR members who have posted mixes against each other (i.e. WillRock vs. Prophetik), while non-posted members can compete against each other (i.e. Starpheonix vs. fredrickd). That could even the playing field for newer and less experienced members. Let's face it, any newb going against...say...Rozovian.

Seconded. :<

Just a thought...At least for the first round you should put OCR members who have posted mixes against each other (i.e. WillRock vs. Prophetik), while non-posted members can compete against each other (i.e. Starpheonix vs. fredrickd). That could even the playing field for newer and less experienced members. Let's face it, any newb going against...say...Rozovian would probably have their ass handed to them.

The other side of this argument is that, in this scenario, we will be guaranteeing elimination of top notch remixers in the first round. Some sort of random assignment/pairing would probably be the most fair.

EDIT: Wow, I never finished my thought. Thank you English paper.

Personally i'm against this, i'm always against seeding things, i'm excited for the thrill of the matchings. Everyone loves an underdog, and i think a begginer would learn more and could even up their game going up against a veteran. Hey, you might even beat one of the big guns, imagine how great you'd feel then!

I prefer random assignment, if you go against a pro and lose in the first run, you can say that you dint have a chance but you can always be back next year... the pro have also start somewhere.... for me, i have no skills at all, and whoever im against in the first round, pro are not, i will just do my best...

I just realise something, I pick Astro Man as second in my list and if I get this robot master... will I have to choose my theme between MM8 and MMB or we just pick the theme we want in each round... Im gessing it will be, pick your theme first, and no switch between rounds, but hey, im asking...

By the way, if I need to specify now, I choose the theme from MM8

ohai

i might have something sitting around...?

Thanks for the offer. I think the issue will be resolved shortly, though - see, the computer was needed for the business, and with it out of commission the business stalls. Not that it's a good thing, but it also means that I'll have help resolving it quickly, so I don't think I'll be missing out on this.

As for seeding the competition... no, that's not cool. It's actually really fun being the underdog, and it pumps you up to work hard when you're in that situation.

The computer was needed for the business of remixing. And that must not stall. Get on it. 8-)

And same to you - screw time restraints and join in the fun. You certainly have enough remixing skills to be competitive for at least a little while, so don't shortchange yourself. You will regret it if we got to 31 participants and needed one more for a full on 32 participant brawl, here. :<

And same to you - screw time restraints and join in the fun. You certainly have enough remixing skills to be competitive for at least a little while, so don't shortchange yourself. You will regret it if we got to 31 participants and needed one more for a full on 32 participant brawl, here. :<

Hah oh I know... I really would love to join. May and June are all sorts of crazy for me though. I am defending my masters thesis the third week of May, getting married in June, and searching for a job in my new career during this entire time.

If it really came down to there being 31 people, then I suppose I could forgo sleep for awhile and do some remixing :sleepdepriv:, but I'd absolutely have to be in the second bracket, because there is no way I'll have time before my masters thesis is done.

Thanks for the support Gario :grin: