Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

I am looking forward to this way more than the original, largely because my dream has come true -- major props to chroxic for choosing Gravity Man, the badassest Robot Master of all time! Mega Man 5 seriously doesn't get enough love. Definitely gonna be rooting for the underdog in this competition!

Also props to the Gario/Napalm Man team and whoever ends up with the rights to Wave Man!

Brackets are as Follows:

Mega Man Bracket

1. Anti-Syne - Bomb Man
  2. BlackPanther - Ground Man
  3. Brandon Strader - Splash Woman
  4. Chickenwarlord - Wave Man
  5. Devastus - Spark Man
  6. Draconiator - Solar Man
  7. Enigami - Shade Man
  8. Gario - Wind Man
  9. Hylian Lemon - Hard Man
  10. prophetik - Spring Man
  11. PrototypeRaptor - Nitro Man
  12. rodd11 - Fire Man
  13. SilvernixSP - Air Man
  14. Sir_NutS - Heat Man
  15. Starphoenix - Pump Man
  16. TheGuitahHeroe - Bubble Man

Proto Man Bracket

1. AeroZ - Toad Man
  2. Chernabogue - Crash Man
  3. chroxic - Gravity Man
  4. Cyril the Wolf - Blade Man
  5. DusK - Wood Man
  6. fredrikd - Sheep Man
  7. Geeky Stoner - Flash Man
  8. geoffio - Skull Man
  9. Jakesnke17 - Quick Man
  10. Main Finger - Napalm Man
  11. neblix - Plug Man
  12. pixelwave - Jewel Man
  13. rexxz - Time Man
  14. Rozovian - Chill Man
  15. WillRock - Snake Man
  16. Xarnax42 - Knight Man

The Mega Man Bracket will begin their mixing stage this Saturday. Match-ups will be posted then. In the meantime, I suggest you all familiarize yourselves with your source tunes, because you will be sticking with them for the next couple of weeks.

i have never played a single mega man game, or heard the music beyond remixes. i just went through the thread and picked a couple random ones. here's to creativity, and hopes that people didn't pick terrible tracks.

baaaallls. i should really have listened to these ahead of time. spring man is definitely out-of-ideas man, as someone on youtube called him.

I'd very much like to also be involved with graphics production; whipped this album art up in Photoshop in 15min or so:

http://triggerproductions.net/images/GRMRB2.png

Whenever the contest is over I'll add the winning Robot Master's sprite in Mega Man's usual spot.

Not bad, but it's not the GRMRB II, it's GRMRB 2011. Need to have the year in there, not a roman numeral.

Also I'd prefer something that's more of a banner, not a screenshot.

Not bad, but it's not the GRMRB II, it's GRMRB 2011. Need to have the year in there, not a roman numeral.

Also I'd prefer something that's more of a banner, not a screenshot.

I'm well aware it's the 2011 competition, but it's also the second Robot Master battle, which is why I used "2" as opposed to "2011". That's easily altered, though, as well as the "banner" feel. Gimme maybe 30min and I'll have something new for you.

EDIT: And an hour of tweaking and adjusting and adding later there was a new product: http://triggerproductions.net/images/GRMRB2011small.png

I'm well aware it's the 2011 competition, but it's also the second Robot Master battle, which is why I used "2" as opposed to "2011". That's easily altered, though, as well as the "banner" feel. Gimme maybe 30min and I'll have something new for you.

EDIT: And an hour of tweaking and adjusting and adding later there was a new product: http://triggerproductions.net/images/GRMRB2011small.png

That's way cooler. Can I get the PSD for that if you have it?

I just put Blade Man on loop for 30 minutes. I'll be damned if I don't get this so ingrained in my subconscious that I'll be able to medley/combine it with any melody imaginable.

Better be some lyrics in there somewhere -- you know I look forward to that! I require more sing-along material for long road trips, and what better to sing about than robots and villains?

That's way cooler. Can I get the PSD for that if you have it?

Certainly! I'll PM it to you. Hope you've got CS5...

Better be some lyrics in there somewhere -- you know I look forward to that! I require more sing-along material for long road trips, and what better to sing about than robots and villains?

Of course, you know full well I can't keep my damn mouth shut. :3

I may end up making every song a lyrics song depending on what happens.

I think I've lost this contest already :P