Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

If you can, gimme a PSD so that I can edit as necessary.

Also in case I haven't said it before, thanks for making all this stuff.

Not a problem; I love doing this kind of thing -- especially when it involves Mega Man. Best franchise ever in my humble opinion. =)

I've included just about everything in the PSD, including paths between brackets in a hidden layer at the bottom of the stack. When the Proto Man Bracket goes up I'll make a few edits to it and send you a copy of that bracket as well.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/NintendoMasterGC/MegaManBracketRound1-1.png

Oh no, I just found out something awful!!!! The demo version of FL Studio won't let me reopen my project file! T_T

This is awful, I can't get back into my work. I worked hard on that bassline!!!

Well, you know the drill, you have 3 option, buy the full version, hack the full version or start all over with another program.

Oh no, I just found out something awful!!!! The demo version of FL Studio won't let me reopen my project file! T_T

This is awful, I can't get back into my work. I worked hard on that bassline!!!

But you were able to save it?

Three options I can see:

1. You buy FL Studio.

2. You send someone the file (is that allowed, though?), they open it up and convert it to MIDI for you, and you import it back into FL. You have to reassign all the samples, redo effects, stuff like that, but all the notes will remain intact.

3. You start over.

When I used the demo version, I had to export projects as MIDI every time I wanted to save. It's a pain to redo stuff when you open it again, but it works. Kind of.

It might be easier to work on the song in a free MIDI sequencer like Anvil Studio and then import it into FL only when the arrangement's done. I've done that for collabs with people who don't use FL.

But you were able to save it?

Three options I can see:

1. You buy FL Studio.

2. You send someone the file (is that allowed, though?), they open it up and convert it to MIDI for you, and you import it back into FL. You have to reassign all the samples, redo effects, stuff like that, but all the notes will remain intact.

3. You start over.

When I used the demo version, I had to export projects as MIDI every time I wanted to save. It's a pain to redo stuff when you open it again, but it works. Kind of.

It might be easier to work on the song in a free MIDI sequencer like Anvil Studio and then import it into FL only when the arrangement's done. I've done that for collabs with people who don't use FL.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that it mind.

Just hate having to redo three hours of work. :\

It's not against the rules to have more than the two sources chosen as long as the two chosen sources are highly represented in it as well. I know because I asked DS about it in the GMRB, so go Knight man crazy.

I wouldn't say go crazy.

If you want to quote it that's fine, but remember what you're supposed to be doing. Use your source and your opponent's source.

Whew. It took a while, but here's my first poster for the 2011 GRMRB.

5720984642_111f8337f7_b.jpg

My main problem was cutting half of the robot masters from a sprite collection, as well as cutting some characters down to size (GroundMan was untouchable, so BlackPanther gets lucky). Despite this, I think I did a swell job. It was my longest project too!

Also, thanks NintendoMasterGC for the title. That was the icing on the cake!

Any comments are appreciated!

I wouldn't say go crazy.

If you want to quote it that's fine, but remember what you're supposed to be doing. Use your source and your opponent's source.

I can tell you mine is in "electro-pop-song" form. And the "verses" are as follows.

1st line: Solar Man-Spring Man

2nd Line: Solar Man-Spring Man

3rd Line: Solar Man-Spring Man (Variation)

4th Line: Solar Man-Spring Man (Variation 2)

The lines are split in half as far as what is what.

Chorus has some more Spring Man source with some original stuff thrown in in the "responses". I have kind of a call-and response thing going.

The bridge, which only has the bassline in, will be all Solar Man.

Taking a break and going right back into it in an hour.

shucks, you're going to make me feel bad. i will likely do what i did last time, which is listen to the tracks for two days straight and pound it out in like four hours.

at least, i better - i'm out of town from wednesday to saturday. don't want to run out of time!