Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

shucks, you're going to make me feel bad. i will likely do what i did last time, which is listen to the tracks for two days straight and pound it out in like four hours.

at least, i better - i'm out of town from wednesday to saturday. don't want to run out of time!

You're quite a worthy adversary, and if I win against you, someone who has 8 posted mixes...

...I think I'm gonna crap myself.

Edit: Oh, and I'm bringing my A-Game apparently. This is literally the best thing I've ever done. And at the rate I'm going I'll trump it again in a few months.

Oh, and I'm bringing my A-Game apparently. This is literally the best thing I've ever done. And at the rate I'm going I'll trump it again in a few months.

Win or lose, this is EXACTLY how I want this competition to play out for me :mrgreen: Listening to the Proto Man bracket themes nearly nonstop, I feel like I've come up with some pretty awesome ideas. Two of 'em might even be worthy enough to turn into legit ReMixes and I haven't even started working on them yet. Yeah, I should probably start messing around in FL Studio to make sure I can pull off the two remixes, but what better way to learn something than just about drowning yourself in it? :razz:

You're quite a worthy adversary, and if I win against you, someone who has 8 posted mixes...

...I think I'm gonna crap myself.

Edit: Oh, and I'm bringing my A-Game apparently. This is literally the best thing I've ever done. And at the rate I'm going I'll trump it again in a few months.

posted mixes don't really count, man. i've just been doing this longer than you. of all my mixes, i think one's made it through the panel, maybe? the rest have been DPs, and all of them either had major issues that got overlooked, or i had help on them. do a search for mephisto or prophetik in the judges decisions forum, and tell me that i haven't had trouble getting posted when i don't get DP'd :< now, some of them got rejected for ridiculous reasons, sure (i was told one was too far from the source when it was the exact same notes as the original, no changes, slowed down a bit), but that doesn't mean that those songs didn't all have a bunch of production or mastering issues as well.

the key is to always keep getting better, no matter what. you don't want to look back in a few months and think, "you know, i don't think i can top that". you always want to be able to look back and say, "i wonder if i change this, how much better it'll sound".

the key is to always keep getting better, no matter what. you don't want to look back in a few months and think, "you know, i don't think i can top that". you always want to be able to look back and say, "i wonder if i change this, how much better it'll sound".

Indeed. With a pair of good ears and a good idea about what to do about the mix, you can beat some pretty big names in this competition, especially as it's the listeners that vote and decide which track wins. You just gotta tell the good stuff from the bad stuff soon enough to still have time to change it.

if you ask me its not a good idea to broadcast your strategies to everyone in the compo... maybe thats just me ;)

I'm not sure if stealing ideas would be an issue.

Music is an art, not a mechanical process.

Ideas that work for one song might not work so well in another.

And while strategy might help to improve the music, in the end the most important part of any art form is creativity.

I'm not sure if stealing ideas would be an issue.

Music is an art, not a mechanical process.

Ideas that work for one song might not work so well in another.

And while strategy might help to improve the music, in the end the most important part of any art form is creativity.

i'm not talking about people nicking your ideas I'm talking about losing the element of surprise from your music if you tell everyone what you're doing, most specifically telling who you are pitted against in the round :P

Yeah there's no rule against posting WIPs; it's just that you probably don't want your opponent stealing your ideas.

I'll probably put one up hidden behind a curtain of sorts (lo-fi, heh)

http://tindeck.com/listen/rckf - Put a lo-fi plugin on the master and tweaked it so that you can JUST barely make out what's going on. This is your teaser! :D

Got a final length for ya. 4:19, but I'm NOWHERE near done yet. The bridge still needs some love, since it's around 30-40% done, and to be connected to the final chorus properly, and the ending needs some love as well. Soon though!

the reason most people don't post wips is because any track, no matter how awesome, ages a little bit after listening to it a few times. something brand new will always sound a little shinier than one you've heard before. it may not age as well, but it's the initial impression that counts.

so you probably don't want to post WIPs.

Guys, seriously, if you keep posting miniscule project updates every hour, this thread will be over 100 pages long by the end of the competition.

Chill out and just work on your tracks. :nicework: And don't post WiP's, because that just ruins the whole thing. You're supposed to have the voters listen to em fresh when the voting week starts, not as the mixing stage goes on. It's not against the rules, but it just makes it weird. The previous GRMRB and GMRB weren't anything like this. :P

And that's a problem because...?

There's a lot of energy in this compo. Let it run it's course - people that are excited about their product tend to produce better results.

Also, my track will be awesome... I think. I'm working on some new mixing strategies, so it'll at least be very different from my normal remixes.

NINJA'd by Willrock. You 'tard, stop stealin' mah posts.

I'm working on some new mixing strategies

Me, too. I think they're solving some of the problems I've had with a few project WIPs that have been frustrating me.

Of course I'm still early-WIP-drunk, so maybe I'm not hearing clearly. :<

Guys, seriously, if you keep posting miniscule project updates every hour, this thread will be over 100 pages long by the end of the competition.

We can do it, guys; keep it up