Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

If I win I'm extremely tempted to name the one against Splash Woman "I am Hot and You are Wet"

I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny.. that when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get Spring Man ~ prophetik

I think you made a great song in this round Draco, the vote really wasn't hard to make but I think people are voting on the more clearly recognizable source with you guys ~ at any rate it'll be a blast to defeat whichever one of you progresses. :-)

Just finished voting.

I'm glad to finally be able to vote in one of these amazing competitions!

Of course, with my luck, I chose one where the first bracket had some very hard choices... I wanted to say heck with it and type "both of you win" on the threads. My main area of critique is enjoyability, and since pretty much every mix was enjoyable to me, well, decisions were rather difficult... :evil:

Just wanted to say great job everyone, and that I can't wait to hear the next round's entries!

Gotta say, this is really inspiring me to learn how to create remixes so I can join in one of these competitions instead of just voting; looks like a lot of fun. Anyway, sorry for my excessive chit-chat.

DarkeSword, I was wondering if we gonna get a revenge rounds and how it will works. I eared the critique and I want a rematch, I still want to mix and learn.

Im not done, I want a rematch. REmatch. REmatch. REvenge. REvenge. :razz:

Im sure Im not the only one thinking this.

DarkeSword, I was wondering if we gonna get a revenge rounds and how it will works. I eared the critique and I want a rematch, I still want to mix and learn.

I don't think they are doing that again. I remember it getting really messy and complicated in the first GRMRB, plus it took up even more time. They didn't do one in the GMRB because it was easier to not worry about it.

@SilvernixSP

I do recall something DarkeSword typed on last year's Grand Maverick Remix Battle thread:

"If eliminated remixers wish to have exhibition matches, I have no problem with that, but they will have no bearing on the competition outcome."

My guess is that it's probably going to be the same deal here.

Edit: SuperiorX beat me to it.

Well, if we look at the bracket, we can already tell some winners and with who their gonna fight next round. Exemple: Hylian Lemon vs. PrototypeRaptor. So, basically, losers have to fight each other. Exemple: SilvernixSP vs. BlackPanther.

If you losses a second time, then its all over for you. That way, everyone got once last chance.

Edit: Oh, and this will have no effect on the tournament, its not like, if you win your revenge, you came back in the tournament, its just, like a tournament for the losers... a second chance, that's it

i am surprised that our battle is as close as it is. i don't want to sound mean - i like his track a lot! but when most of the actual posted remixers - gario, abadoss, willrock, etc - vote for mine, and a bunch of lurkers vote for his, that says something to me. it says that the people who think it sounds cool but might not know the source the best voted one way, and the people who understand the music and can hear the extra stuff that was added in with mine voted the other way. i don't feel that his uses the spring man theme much at all, and it seems that most people didn't bother to listen to the original source. all the parts that are mentioned as being awesome are just stuff that's inherent to the solar man track, which is bloody awesome. he didn't really add anything to it besides a drumloop and different instrumentation.

that's not really a remix at that point, unfortunately =/ draconiator, you're clearly a skilled musician - mastering that particular style is something i have next to no skill in - but your focus was clearly on your track and on production instead of the arrangement itself. if you beat me - which you might, there are a lot of people voting for mastering and OST awesomeness instead of arrangement like they should - you really need to work on getting the arrangement to actually be a reinterpretation of the theme instead of just dumping the midi into a synth and boom-tissing the rest of it. you also need to work in the other track more, since you basically ignored it. i know spring man sucks, but that's the point. it's supposed to be hard :< you can't get better if you only remix schala and terra. you've gotta do catfish's maw and spring man and all the other crappy tracks out there. that's why i never take a project mix until all that's left is the junk. it forces you to work with less, and you learn more at a faster pace that way.

i realized after writing this that this sounds abjectly harsh, and i don't mean it to be. drac's song sounds great as a remix of solar man. i don't think it stands up as a 50/50 split of both themes, though, simply because it's nowhere near 50/50.

and yes, i'd be happy to do a remix with you =)

i am surprised that our battle is as close as it is. i don't want to sound mean - i like his track a lot! but when most of the actual posted remixers - gario, abadoss, willrock, etc - vote for mine, and a bunch of lurkers vote for his, that says something to me. it says that the people who think it sounds cool but might not know the source the best voted one way, and the people who understand the music and can hear the extra stuff that was added in with mine voted the other way. i don't feel that his uses the spring man theme much at all, and it seems that most people didn't bother to listen to the original source. all the parts that are mentioned as being awesome are just stuff that's inherent to the solar man track, which is bloody awesome. he didn't really add anything to it besides a drumloop and different instrumentation.

that's not really a remix at that point, unfortunately =/ draconiator, you're clearly a skilled musician - mastering that particular style is something i have next to no skill in - but your focus was clearly on your track and on production instead of the arrangement itself. if you beat me - which you might, there are a lot of people voting for mastering and OST awesomeness instead of arrangement like they should - you really need to work on getting the arrangement to actually be a reinterpretation of the theme instead of just dumping the midi into a synth and boom-tissing the rest of it. you also need to work in the other track more, since you basically ignored it. i know spring man sucks, but that's the point. it's supposed to be hard :< you can't get better if you only remix schala and terra. you've gotta do catfish's maw and spring man and all the other crappy tracks out there. that's why i never take a project mix until all that's left is the junk. it forces you to work with less, and you learn more at a faster pace that way.

i realized after writing this that this sounds abjectly harsh, and i don't mean it to be. drac's song sounds great as a remix of solar man. i don't think it stands up as a 50/50 split of both themes, though, simply because it's nowhere near 50/50.

and yes, i'd be happy to do a remix with you =)

Exactly why I've been holding off my votes on the remixes of sources I don't know off hand.

I gotta do a catfish's maw remix sometime.......

I was thinking the same thing the more I listened to all the remixes... You make a valid point prophetik. In fact DS laid out the criteria as follows: "When casting your vote, consider the the technical proficiency of the piece, the overall enjoyability, and most importantly how well the artist incorporates both source tunes into his remix".

And I stress the importance of "most importantly how well the artist incorporates both source tunes into his remix." People do need to remember that when voting on any of the mixes.

I was thinking the same thing the more I listened to all the remixes... You make a valid point prophetik. In fact DS laid out the criteria as follows: "When casting your vote, consider the the technical proficiency of the piece, the overall enjoyability, and most importantly how well the artist incorporates both source tunes into his remix".

And I stress the importance of "most importantly how well the artist incorporates both source tunes into his remix." People do need to remember that when voting on any of the mixes.

unfortunately, 35 people already voted, with like half of those people saying 'hey this song sounds good, drac ftw'. oh well. there's always next round, or competition, based on how this one goes. enjoyability is good, but when most people are saying that we're close in that factor, where do you look for the difference? most people just do genre bias. i know i do - personally, i'd want to vote for rawk over electronic any day of the week if they're close. but that's not what really matters, you know? it's not really in the spirit of the compo.

guitarheroe, do yourself a favor and make it upbeat. it's hard as hell to make catfish's maw make sense when you're doing within the genre restriction i did it in for LAProject.

A big factor in my vote.

Enjoyability was a factor, as well, for I really liked Draconiator's take on Solar Man, but I didn't hear as much Spring Man in there. In prophetik's, I not only heard Solar and Spring Man, but I heard Spring Man rocking with geetarz and all. So, a winner was prophetik (but both are winners since they are now on my playlist).

I'm just glad Spring Man was finally remixed. Kudos again to prophetik for RAWking out to Spring Man.

I'm not doing "revenge rounds." This is single elimination. If you lose, you're out.

Ok I respect your choice, you have your reasons.

Im gonna ask around, in PM, if someone want to go against me for fun, to practice, before the next GRMRB 2012. Im just gonna take my revenge next year, that's all.

By the way, I was not trying to complicated thing, I just love competition and just want to improve my mix, style and have fun. Thanks everyone.