Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

This is my plan. Seeing as you're in my way, neblix... 8-)

Knight's armor won't save you from a good ol' electric shock from a wall socket. ;)

In all seriousness, good luck. You have the advantage in this battle because:

a) My computer choked 30 seconds through making the remix.

B) Couldn't make a great arrangement for above reason.

c) Had to rush the arrangement for above reason.

Another Time Man contestant doesn't make it past the first round :(

Time Man... is cursed. Everyone who tries to remix his theme (which is awesome, dang it), runs 'out of time'. :(

Perhaps... the 3rd time will be charm? :-|

@prophetik

Sorry about those unofficial totals I posted, but I do know that between you and Draconiator... it's gonna be very close. :)

Edit: Thanks for posting the WiP, rexxz!

Sorry guys I've been super busy and I just can't make the deadline. I have about half of the mix complete; it is pretty swanky. I don't want to enter it though because it really is incomplete, so far only my source was used. I hope this doesn't ruin anyone's fun... I'll try to submit or post this later when I do complete the track, which I fully intend on doing.

If anyone wants to listen to my work-in-progress, here it is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24242231/Time%20Man.mp3

Sorry guys I've been super busy and I just can't make the deadline. I have about half of the mix complete; it is pretty swanky. I don't want to enter it though because it really is incomplete, so far only my source was used. I hope this doesn't ruin anyone's fun... I'll try to submit or post this later when I do complete the track, which I fully intend on doing.

At least send it to the WIP forums so we don't have to wait until it's reviewed by the judges.

Results are up, with voting tallies linked below the bracket graphic.

I really, really need to stress the importance of voting in every battle that is posted. If you just look at the thread for Draconiator vs. prophetik, you'd think he won, but there are a lot of votes for him that had to be discounted because those voters didn't vote in some other battles.

We need to be fair to all participants, which means if you're voting in a round, make sure you pay equal attention to all the contestants' entries.

Also, like I said before, you can't post "it's a draw!" That isn't a vote at all, and I ended up not counting someone's votes because they did that. It's a shame, but it's fair.

Also I realize that having separate threads and voting this way is not the most efficient and makes us more prone to forgetting to vote on certain tracks, but right now I don't have the time or the resources to build a voting system the way I want it to work. Hopefully by next year (or this fall during GMRB 2011) I'll be able to build a voting system that works better.

Congratulations to the folks advancing, and really everyone who participated in the first half of the first round.

Proto Man remixes will be going up after I eat lunch.

If anyone wants to listen to my work-in-progress, here it is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24242231/Time%20Man.mp3

Awww... you should have subbed it anyway. People have subbed WIPs before. Who knows, maybe it would have been enough to win?

I liked what I heard too, nice!

Prediction for the winner of the whole thing: PrototypeRaptor.

Pretty bold of you to state that, especially since half the bracket have yet to release songs (no offense PR).

But yeah, it was a valiant fight. Great job, prophetik!

FUN FACT: prophetik was the first remixer I met in person (at MAGfest 9).

Hmmm....Oh well. Prophetik, congrats on making the next round. It was Jakesnke17 who urged me to enter this thing, and I didn't really know how it would turn out, but yeah, I was excited. Maybe too excited. You all are awesome.

Prediction for the winner of the whole thing: PrototypeRaptor.

Dude, your song was awesome, and you actually just lost on a technicality.

It's too bad you and Gario had to be eliminated in the first round when two mixers didn't even submit anything. It is what it is, I guess...