Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

This looks really awesome and fun. Is it? When can I play?

The sign up period is over. Sorry. :/

But yes, it is fun. It also causes a lot of stress when your opponent's remix is about on par with yours.

By next year (early next year or late this year) another competition will be started (I think for mavericks from Megaman X series like last time).

submitted my track just now. i'm not around till friday, and i got a good feeling, so i just did it now.

props if you can hear the vigilante reference =) it's pretty obvious, but yeah. i was going to include a zelda quote since lemon's such a fanboy, but i couldn't find a place to do it tastefully (unlike the joke taucer and i put into the baba yetu remix we did).

submitted my track just now. i'm not around till friday, and i got a good feeling, so i just did it now.

props if you can hear the vigilante reference =) it's pretty obvious, but yeah. i was going to include a zelda quote since lemon's such a fanboy, but i couldn't find a place to do it tastefully (unlike the joke taucer and i put into the baba yetu remix we did).

Referencing outside sources in a Mega Man competition? What a dick.

I've got about two minutes down so far, so we can look forward to at least one battle this round. That leaves Sir_NutS to succumb to the Mega Man Bracket curse.

IMPORTANT

I will be away from my computer for most of the day tomorrow, so I've asked OCRE to tally votes and post results in my absence. Protoman Bracket mixers should look for his post to see their new matchups.

Mixes for voting will most likely go up tomorrow much later in the evening when I get home, and I'll update all the official artwork and brackets by Sunday at the latest.

Referencing outside sources in a Mega Man competition? What a dick.

I've got about two minutes down so far, so we can look forward to at least one battle this round. That leaves Sir_NutS to succumb to the Mega Man Bracket curse.

wooooo! i don't know if i will beat you, but i think i did a pretty good job. i pulled in a lot of late acoustic/early electronic herbie hancock ideas to pair with vig's kind of slow-jazz style, but i don't know if i pulled them off well. i feel like i did, but we'll see.

i also went with a ratio of time rather than equal time per theme. since spring man has two longer pieces and hard man has three pieces that are varying lengths, i did roughly 60% hard man and 40% spring man. up till now, both themes had two good parts, so i just went with 50/50, but here it clearly wouldn't work like that.

however, i used primarily the melodies of hard man, and the (slightly modified) bass line and background parts with some melody for spring man, so to the listener who didn't listen to the OSTs first, it sounds like it's mostly hard man. i promise that the holy ratio is intact =) it's definitely a full meld - it's just that i took from stuff other than the melody, which winds up being the only part that most people can sing of a theme. there's more there than a lead, so i decided to take advantage of that :<

Submitted.

wooooo! i don't know if i will beat you, but i think i did a pretty good job. i pulled in a lot of late acoustic/early electronic herbie hancock ideas to pair with vig's kind of slow-jazz style, but i don't know if i pulled them off well. i feel like i did, but we'll see.

If it's as solid as your last one, you have a pretty good chance.

My remix doesn't hold together quite as well as I'd wanted. But ok. :<

hmm is OCRE gathering the mixes at 12:00 pm?

I'd rather submit now than working more on it just to not have it accepted.

From what I can gather from darkes post, OCRE is only dealing with voting tallies, Darke said he would upload the tracks when he got home so I'd say you get the extra time. Besides, he usually gives people benefit of the doubt with getting tracks in, assuming he knows they are working being worked on.