Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

Well, it's past the voting deadline, and were the votes ever close.

I've tallied the votes. The yellow highlighted ones were votes that didn't count because the voters didn't vote in all matches.

If someone wants to double check my work, that'd be great.

I wouldn't publicize that info yet dude, the votes are still open, it might influence votes from anyone who hasn't voted yet.

I wouldn't publicize that info yet dude, the votes are still open, it might influence votes from anyone who hasn't voted yet.

Maybe you're right, but the voting deadline is already past. So I would think that if someone voted past the deadline, and the votes are that close, they wouldn't/shouldn't be counted.

In the meantime, I will pull the link. If there is a conflict, though (two of the matches can be changed with two votes), I always have this record to show of it, I guess.

I don't really see the harm in doing it, everybody can see the votes anyway and people could just tally up the votes themselves if they want.

Voting should be closed anyway :<

EDIT: DAMMIT SNIPEDDDDDDDDD

I don't really see the harm in doing it, everybody can see the votes anyway and people could just tally up the votes themselves if they want.

Voting should be closed anyway :<

I'll wait a little longer, and then repost the link.

Here are the tallies again. Looks like someone wanted to push their luck and vote after the deadline. According to the rules, that doesn't count, so the tallies remain the same as they were up until the deadline.

What are you gonna do in the event of a tie? SectorZ forgot Demko, who voted in all four matchups. And unless my calculations are wrong, that ties up Willrock/fredrikd AND Jakesnke/neblix.

Congratulations are in order too. Pixelwave, YOU HAVE SLAIN A DRAGON, CONGRATULATIONS. :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Well Demko voted after the deadline hit, thats why it wasn't counted by SectorZ. You could either wait for a tie breaker vote, not count his votes, or wait for darke to decide what to do next.

EDIT: Ninja'd by OCRE :P

Oh, come on. Validate my existence.

Deadlines were never that strict in these tournaments if you think about it.

It would have created more problems if yours were counted since it would have created two ties. It's easier to stick to the rules, especially when things were so close.

When other deadlines weren't enforced in the past, there was at least some tacit waiver from the parties they affected, and I doubt you'd be able to secure that here.

EDIT: Congrats to both WillRock and Neblix for advancing! Both faced stiff competition from worthy competitors, and prevailed by the skin of their teeth! Unfortunately, they won't have an easy time next round against Main Finger or Pixelwave.

Good luck to all four participants, looking forward to your submissions!!

Votes getting thrown away is why I won't be taking a part in voting or GRMRB mixing in the future.

No offense to people involved, I just don't like that.

I'm just quoting the rules, not making the rules. Making the rules is Darke's job.

However, it's not like people didn't have fair warning about the rules in advance, so they really don't have anyone to blame but themselves for not voting in all of the matches.

Votes getting thrown away is why I won't be taking a part in voting or GRMRB mixing in the future.

No offense to people involved, I just don't like that.

Guys, GUYS.

I understand why some people are annoyed with the outcome of some of these matches (if I had lost like this, I'd have been very annoyed) but its much easier and logical to stick with established rules to decide the outcome of matches rather than break them and risk changing the potential outcome of the compo. Thats what rules are put in place for, a means of settling situations like this with pre-established solutions.

You mean completely disregard the established rules and potentially change the outcome of two matches? Somehow, I can't see that being terribly fair.

Like I said before, deadlines weren't that strict to begin with. Anyway, it should be up to someone impartial like OCRE or DarkeSword to decide.

Guys, GUYS.

I understand why some people are annoyed with the outcome of some of these matches (if I had lost like this, I'd have been very annoyed) but its much easier and logical to stick with established rules to decide the outcome of matches rather than break them and risk changing the potential outcome of the compo. Thats what rules are put in place for, a means of settling situations like this with pre-established solutions.

Yeah I agree. I HATED getting a free pass on one round, but when you have to run a competition you have to lay down some rules and go with them, otherwise things can get pretty disorganized. Even more in a competition as big as this one.

Like I said before, deadlines weren't that strict to begin with. Anyway, it should be up to someone impartial like OCRE or DarkeSword to decide.

Deadlines were waived when the people they affected agreed to it. That's how things work in the law, too.

Since law is a familiar subject for me, here's another legal analogy why we can't do things that way: Your idea would be like an ex post facto law, which changes the legal consequences of an act after the act has already occurred. These are generally unconstitutional in American law.

The law doesn't change to suit an individual's desired outcome, and nor should rules change for the same reasons.