Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

@Pixelwave: Have you done any other remixes besides for this compo? Really love your style!

I have some stuff laying around, but nothing I really like. I made "pixelwave" to start anew, and just take my musical side a bit more seriously... So if you're interested, follow my SoundCloud, tumblr or twitter! New stuff gets posted there. :)

I do plan, though, to stick around this site. I've always been a fan but never remixed anything for it. That's gonna change now... So expect more remixes beside my original stuff.

I know this isn't directly related... but hey DS whatever happened to turning the GRMRB 2010 into an album? Weren't quite a few remixers cleaning up some of their tracks? Will we ever get to hear those if there is no longer an album planned?

Nobody ever got back to me on it, so it looks like it's not happening.

I probably should've spent more than just a few hours on it... CURSE YOU OCARINA OF TIME 3DS!!!

Oh, I hope you didn't interperate what I said as saying yours was unpolished. I was simply saying I found it funny that I was quoting you as your piece started playing at random!

I hope for a final between prophetik and Main Finger. I'm impress on how prophetik rearrange Spring Man theme in such a good way, those are some good skill's. Main Finger, I really like your song man, easly one of the top out there, at least, for me, your one of the best. In every match, I have always vote for both of you, so if you guys make it happen, It will be hard to vote. Proto Man side are impresive, so much win everywhere, its amazing.

Everyone, or almost everyone in this tournament rock so much, I cannot wait for the next GRMRB.

Edit: and of course see the result of this one.

I hope for a final between prophetik and Main Finger. I'm impress on how prophetik rearrange Spring Man theme in such a good way, those are some good skill's. Main Finger, I really like your song man, easly one of the top out there, at least, for me, your one of the best. In every match, I have always vote for both of you, so if you guys make it happen, It will be hard to vote. Proto Man side are impresive, so much win everywhere, its amazing.

Everyone, or almost everyone in this tournament rock so much, I cannot wait for the next GRMRB.

Edit: and of course see the result of this one.

that'd be awesome, but honestly even if i lose this round i'm still happy with the results. i was 3rd of 16 last time - being 4th of 32 is even better, really.

I hope for a final between prophetik and Main Finger. I'm impress on how prophetik rearrange Spring Man theme in such a good way, those are some good skill's. Main Finger, I really like your song man, easly one of the top out there, at least, for me, your one of the best. In every match, I have always vote for both of you, so if you guys make it happen, It will be hard to vote.

Comments like this make the crazy time crunch worthwhile :) Honestly, I'm already farther than I thought I'd get. Heck, I thought I'd lose in round 1. I'm glad I got to do at least a few rounds (if not a few more). It's been fun. I've never done one of these OCR competitions before and I look forward to doing more in the future. Time permitting, I'd love to do the Grand Maverick Remix Battle if it happens again (I only found out about the first one recently).

Better hide the video games, then.

Good first step in voting against WillRock, too. :nicework:

I was disappointed in his entry, more disappointed in the general audience last year for complaining about his stylistic consistency, because he's not making his awesome high energy rocking stuff anymore (to "please the masses"). Round 2 was okay but even that pales in comparison stuff like Time Stopper (Flash Man vs. Cut Man).

I was disappointed in his entry, more disappointed in the general audience last year for complaining about his stylistic consistency, because he's not making his awesome high energy rocking stuff anymore (to "please the masses"). Round 2 was okay but even that pales in comparison stuff like Time Stopper (Flash Man vs. Cut Man).

Just to clarify, I haven't stopped making my high energy rocking stuff. Like you said, Round 2 was high energy. Just because I choose to expand my style on a few tracks doesn't mean I give up on my other stuff. If you guys think i'm going to do mellow tracks for the final rounds should I get there, then you're wrong. I've got to try and keep things interesting tho, i've been in this compo 3 times in the past where I've never done less than 4 mixes for each. Making the same track 20 times over isn't exactly something people won't get bored of.

Just to clarify, I haven't stopped making my high energy rocking stuff. Like you said, Round 2 was high energy. Just because I choose to expand my style on a few tracks doesn't mean I give up on my other stuff. If you guys think i'm going to do mellow tracks for the final rounds should I get there, then you're wrong. I've got to try and keep things interesting tho, i've been in this compo 3 times in the past where I've never done less than 4 mixes for each. Making the same track 20 times over isn't exactly something people won't get bored of.

Apparently, though, you are being punished by voters for trying to diversify.

People are expecting you to make high energy pieces, and the failure to deliver (despite the high quality of your submissions) is hurting you in the ballot.

It's a shitty situation, because you're trying to branch out creatively so as to avoid sounding tired and repetitive (which other voters are criticizing Pixelwave for), but people have come to expect WillRock to rock. People are disappointed that you haven't, and that disappointment carries over into a general dissatisfaction with your submissions. Thus, the poor voting record.

Hopefully, the promise of high energy songs in the next round and beyond can sway more voters to your camp.

My vote could still swing to Willrock, after listening to his song more I begin to like it better than at first. So don't count my vote for Main Finger as certain, there is a very real possibility it could change.

I'll make you a deal Willrock, you give me a remix of this song in the future utilizing your synth rock arrangement. I'll change my vote. lol

http://youtu.be/zfDxSEc5mDw

Isn't blackmail fun? I'm just kidding obviously, though I'd still love to see a cover from you... >_>