Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

I find it pretty odd that as I listened to Prophetik's mix I thought to myself, "jeez bro youve done sax every round", when in actuality he hasn't. He hasn't even done a single sax mix.

i wonder if thats a bad thing

If you'd noticed, I haven't been around to vote for either (though I plan on doing so these next rounds), so I don't know where you get the idea that I would vote for people blindly. Read my message again - it's a callout for the two newer mixers to step up their game so they pose a credible challenge to the two established mixers. It's insulting that you'd think I'd vote for a person without listening to the arrangements in their entirety. :-?

I was more responding to this sentence:

Let's see some fresh blood for the final matchup.

And I wasn't thinking of any of your past actions. I wasn't really thinking of anyone doing this. That sentence just sounded like it was loaded with some prejudice against the more familiar names like prophetik and WillRock. If none was intended, great. My statement wasn't necessarily directed at you, just the sentiment that struck me when I read that sentence.

Oh well, that's it for me. I'll just try harder next time. Hope you guys liked my music so far... I'm liking this community, so I think I'll be sticking around. Thanks for the opportunity and for checking out my stuff. It's been a lot of fun. :)!

Yeah! Great job pixelwave! Your music was awesome, I hope you do stick around. You should polish up one of your tracks ("Toad Gang's Heist" was probably my fav) and try submitting!

Oh well, that's it for me. I'll just try harder next time. Hope you guys liked my music so far... I'm liking this community, so I think I'll be sticking around. Thanks for the opportunity and for checking out my stuff. It's been a lot of fun. :)

Need MOAR remixes from you!!

Seriously, I loved all of your entries. PLEASE make more and post them in the WIP board

Yeah! Great job pixelwave! Your music was awesome, I hope you do stick around. You should polish up one of your tracks ("Toad Gang's Heist" was probably my fav) and try submitting!

I've gotta admit, that one was my favorite as well; I listened to it like crazy. :-D

pixelwave, 'grats on getting where you did and the wonderful music, man. As said before, please do stick around!

Thanks, guys. Your words mean a lot to me. :D

I'm not familiar with the submission process, so I'm gonna have to read up on that. Even then, I think I'll be starting on something new soon, although I don't know if it'll be a remix or something original... We'll see. x:

I find it pretty odd that as I listened to Prophetik's mix I thought to myself, "jeez bro youve done sax every round", when in actuality he hasn't. He hasn't even done a single sax mix.

i wonder if thats a bad thing

i've actually never done a sax mix for any of these. i've never recorded anything for these competitions, period. first time :<

heroe, your track is pretty fun to listen to =) it needs way more balls, though, particularly in the intro. add some more juice to the intro and i'm in lurve. you did so much creative stuff with the melody itself, and your use of effects as a whole was really creative and varied for the most part, i thought. dress it up and have blind or zircon show you how to add the bump to it, and you've got a really spectacular song.

for those wondering, the guitar isn't live. it's from BGC's acoustic revolutions pack...and it was in 4/4 and not in the right key, and didn't include some of the chords that i needed, hence why it doesn't sound right all the time. it did a decent job for what i was asking of it, though, so i was pretty happy.

I foresee that this is the end of my run, and rightfully so. Good job, Willrock, if you win. It's highly likely. :nicework:

The bright side of me losing, if I do, is that I'll have more free time to do other music. :D

You've come SO much farther In this competition already than the last two (2010 GRMRB and Maverick). Even if you lose to WillRock, you have to feel good that you constantly improve. Keep entering these compos so we can keep getting more stuff from you.

Prophetik, congratulations on making it to the finals :D Your mix was superb and you deserved to win.

This compo was really a ton of fun! Thank you to all involved who made this compo what it was, including my opponents, the voters, and most importantly Darkesword. :D I hope everybody enjoyed what I had to offer for the compo.

Btw, keep an eye out for me soon on the front page :D

your track was a riot, man =) good work yourself.

well, i placed 3 of 16 last time around, and now i can't do any worse than 2 of 32. i'm moving up! just one last mix. if i had known what the remix battle was the first time around, i'd definitely have participated, although i'd have gotten stomped i think since i wouldn't have had enough time to really dig in.

Prophetik, congratulations on making it to the finals :D Your mix was superb and you deserved to win.

This compo was really a ton of fun! Thank you to all involved who made this compo what it was, including my opponents, the voters, and most importantly Darkesword. :D I hope everybody enjoyed what I had to offer for the compo.

Btw, keep an eye out for me soon on the front page :D

Enter next year's GRMRB and the Maverick battle this fall!! You had some amazing stuff this time, and we want to see more!

your track was a riot, man =) good work yourself.

well, i placed 3 of 16 last time around, and now i can't do any worse than 2 of 32. i'm moving up! just one last mix. if i had known what the remix battle was the first time around, i'd definitely have participated, although i'd have gotten stomped i think since i wouldn't have had enough time to really dig in.

Prophetik, Next year, I am choosing Spring Man. Like you said, you need to remix even bad tunes to get better, and well, I've learned a ton from you man. Thanks a lot! :-D

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!! Willrock and Neblix both hit it out of the park. Those are 2 really sick remixes we got here. It's gonna be a tough vote. Great job guys.

Since I lost and won't be making any more tracks for the competition, I threw the three I did make on bandcamp (don't worry, it's set to $0 as it should be). So if anybody wants them in other formats like FLAC or whatever, now you can: http://mainfinger.bandcamp.com/

Prophetik, Next year, I am choosing Spring Man. Like you said, you need to remix even bad tunes to get better, and well, I've learned a ton from you man. Thanks a lot! :-D

or remix someone that was not taken yet, you know, someone like, Gyro Man, Search Man, Centaur Man, Crystal Man, Cloud Man or even worst... I challenge YOU to take Clown Man for the next year.

Haven't listened to the 2 new mixes yet, I'll get on that sometime tonight.

However, I just want to add my voice in to those who are congradulating everyone. I've got a complete collection on my iTunes of everything GRMRB 2010, 2011, revenge matches, and maverick version. There are no klunkers. Each has a pretty great style, and I'd like to see some revisited/compleated versions of those that could use it. Let us know when it happens, if so!

Pixelwave was definitely the dark horse of this tourney. Newcomer to the land of OC remix, and darn good at remixing. Glad to see you here, and I hope you submit something, whether from this tourney or some other remix.

Great job everyone! Look at me, why am I doing this when we aren't even done yet! I'll hold the rest of my nostalgic look back comments for later :P