Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

I'm looking forward to the final matchup! Although it will be sad to see this compo end, everyone's done such a great job!

OBJECTION!!!

Why end this now, we can have a few friendly match before next year and that is why the GRMRB 2011 Exhibition Match have just been create.

Just post in there to get a match up.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=797219#post797219

i am really, really, really disappointed that this is how this is going to turn out, but i'm going to get more information about how sick will has been before i say anything. by disappointed i mean that i'm frustrated that darkesword decided to start bending rules for people, and that i finished my song over a remote desktop connection through a DSL line while out of town to get it in in time since i was stranded in a different state for much of last week, and don't have the ability to turn my music computer back on to do more production work on it. i don't want to make a snap judgement, though, if will's been in the hospital or his mom died or something terrible.

does anyone have more details?

Sickness is not oft something that can be controlled.

I think the most important thing about the final round is that it is not a bye. I want a true battle of the best. A 24 hour exentension is not much, especially when Willrock was sick to some varying degree.

And mainly, I just want to hear 2 more mixes, lol.

Plus, willrock gave darke advance notice, which is better than an after the fact 'oh hey wait, that deadline that just passed, could you change it?'

Yea bending rules at this point is lame, there were plenty of rules early on that weren't bent and completely changed the outcome of the compo

Don't give me that shit. I played it straight with the rules about voting because that's what makes it fair to all the contestants involved.

I'm granting an extension because I was notified in advance and this is the last round of the competition. Does anyone want this to end on a technicality? I don't think so. It's 24 hours. It's not another week. It's not "well let's just wait until he finishes it and go from there."

It's a deadline extension. I've done it before in the GMRB and the GRMRB. It's nothing new.

And you know what? Spare me the sob story. If you had extenuating circumstances that made it difficult to access your workstation for mixing, you could have said something at the start. You could have asked, "Hey I'm gonna be out of town for the final round, can we push it back?" You made it this far, you think I'm going to say "no, tough shit?"

This competition has always been about the music and the most important thing, especially at the very end, is to make sure the artists are able to make their entries.

i am really, really, really disappointed that this is how this is going to turn out, but i'm going to get more information about how sick will has been before i say anything. by disappointed i mean that i'm frustrated that darkesword decided to start bending rules for people, and that i finished my song over a remote desktop connection through a DSL line while out of town to get it in in time since i was stranded in a different state for much of last week, and don't have the ability to turn my music computer back on to do more production work on it. i don't want to make a snap judgement, though, if will's been in the hospital or his mom died or something terrible.

does anyone have more details?

I'm not going to give more details, but I will say that while I understand why you might be disappointed, you get the same extension as me so it works equally in your favor. If I didn't ask for the extension, I'd have given in an unfinished mix which would have disappointed everyone involved. Usually I wouldn't have said anything and given in an unfinished mix, which i've done before, but this is the last round and I want to give people GOOD MUSIC, which is what this competition is about at the end of the day. The question is, would you rather have an extremely disappointing finale to this competition now, or wait 24 hours and have one thats worthy of all the music this compo has had so far? I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't necessary. Notice i've been in every single GRMRB contest so far and done no less than 4 for each, this is the first time i've ever asked for an extension. Please try not to see it as a disappointment because really, this is only going to give people a better quality finale to a great compo.

it doesn't matter if i get the same extension. i purposely finished my mix very early in the week because i knew i wasn't going to have access to my system later in the week, and i still won't before the round's over either way.

and yes, darkesword, i expected you to say "tough shit" after how strict you've played with the rules this time around. i fully expected that if i asked for more time in advance for you to tell me to suck it up. i've always thought that, which is why i have busted my ass to make sure it was done as soon as possible to account for unexpected circumstances cropping up. now that i know that it's not about the competition itself, i'll be a little less crazy about getting my tracks done so early.

during the maverick remix battle, i was running a work schedule that involved being gone from 930am to 1130pm thanks to 10-hour work days (4/week) and a 1.5hr commute both ways. because i was gone on saturday every single round of that compo, i worked from thursday night when i got home until my track was finished, usually 6 or 7am on friday morning, because i'd have no other time to work. during one of the rounds of this competition, i was so ill that i had to wear a facial humidifier to be able to breathe relatively normally while i was working on my song due to a terrible cough i had. still got my track done. in fact, three out of five weeks of this competition, i had to work on shortened weeks due to scheduling issues with making sure i was home and available to work on music. still got everything done, and darke will testify that in almost every occasion my tracks were in early. this competition is as much a long-distance race as it is a sprint.

i won't say any more about it either way. the last time i voiced an opinion, people took it as me being an asshole or something, and obviously that's not what i'm trying to do here. i'm just really frustrated about the whole thing.

in my message to darke about the topic, i noted that it wouldn't be fulfilling at all. i'd rather lose to a completed mix than win against a WIP. in addition, i'd rather lose with a WIP than a completed mix i did after the time limit was done. that's just me, though.

either way, what's done is done. will's mix will likely be better than mine anyways because he's so darn good at what he does =) so it's a moot point anyways.

Best to not let tempers flare, so close to such an epic showdown. Remember, at the end of the day, this is meant to be a friendly, fun way of mashing up some catchy chiptunes we all love.

I think the 'hard ass' rule enforcing at the forefront of comparison is the voteing hiccup a little bit earlier. Voteing is a lot easier to do than a mix. Even if you have weird circumstances of business and sickness, in a weeks time you can find just that little bit of time to vote. Also of importance is that there was no advance notice for that.

Anyway, we can see that both sides have always tried their hardest to get their mixes in by the deadline. Prophetic, I am glad that you always try hard to get your mix in on time and plan ahead. Because planning ahead is important.

But sometimes you can't plan for everything. In a final round of a competition of this caliber, it is less lame to offer a short, harmless extension than to race against a lame horse (double entendre!). You definitely have a valid point, and I don't think you're being a dick about brining it up. However, I also think that Darkesword had a valid reason for his executive decision.

Here's to the battle! I look forward to hearing your oddly instrumented track, prophetik, I'm sure it will be a worthy listen, as will Willrocks. May the best mix win!