Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

Okay, how's this for on-topic...

What was your hardest vote in the competition?

Mine was the first round match up between TheGuitahHeroe and Gario.

mmm, lets make a top 5...

No.5 WillRock vs. Main finger

No.4 prophetik vs. WillRock

No.3 TheGuitarHeroe vs. Gario

No.2 Hylian Lemon vs PrototypeRaptor

and finaly the No.1 Neblix vs. WillRock, yup that was really hard for me, took me a while to decided.

Bonus round: What was your favorite track in the contest?

Mine was And This is the Way We Crash the Party.

Edit: In 3 of the 5 match, there's WillRock, Glory to you friend, you really deserve it!

My toughest vote was definitely the 1st round matchup between Gario and TheGuitahHeroe. Both were so damned good. I think both remixers could have easily made it to the bracket finals if they didn't get matched up in the 1st round.

Favorite tracks were "Ground Based" - PrototypeRaptor, "Jumping Flash" - AeroZ, and "Scorched Ice" - MainFinger.

Oh, good questions. I think probably the hardest vote was Save a Horse vs. Hardly Clubbed to Death. So hard, man.

And my favorite track came from that round to. That was a great round for me. I don't know if I will ever live to the day where I see more creativity in a remix battle.

Oh, and Willrock. Congrats for finally having a true, official victory you can be proud of. Though Showdown was AMAZING, it was a bye. Now you've truely come out victorious (And I think your remix here might be even a little bit better). And you're also the winner for having the most total remixes in these remix battles. 15! That's a lot of rockin'

Neblix is in second, with 10.

I didn't vote much of the tournament, so I won't answer. :P

Favorite tracks:

Spring My Bubble - TheGuitahHeroe

Thunderstone - pixelwave

And This Is The Way We Crash The Party - Main Finger

Hardly Clubbed To Death - PrototypeRaptor

Switchblade Fangs - Jakesnke17

Lady In The Water - Brandon Strader

#3 - Save A Horse (Ride A Transformer) - Hylian Lemon

#2 - Scorching Ice - Main Finger

#1 - GroundBased - PrototypeRaptor

Another question: Who would you have liked to see go farther in the compo? Not who was unfairly beaten (that would devolve into a flame war) but who's work would you have liked to see more of?

For me, the main one was PrototypeRaptor. I loveloveloved Groundbased, and wanted him to go farther than round two. Unfortunately, Hylian Lemon came out with a kick-arse track and knocked him out :P

I also wanted to see more of BlackPanther (I wanted to like DirtBike. SO BADLY) and Main Finger.

I would have loved to see Brandon Strader go on. Splash Woman and Hard Man would have made such an interesting combination (Strictly musical, to those who have their mind in the gutter :P). I would also have liked to see more Skull man and Gravity man. And Gario, I would have liked to see more of you as well. I think that's about it, other than that I was very satisfied with how the tournament went.

For me, I'd have liked to have seen more gario, Draconiator and particularly more devastus, a great remixer who has been in two of these compos and we've seen a grand total of one track. Makes me :(

As for the hardest votes... I'd have to say either Gario vs GTH and Rozovian vs Main Finger. Ridiculously hard, both of them.

OH YEAH. How could I have forgotten Devastus! Would love to see more of him!!!

To name my Top 10:

10. Wonderful Shadows by the Electric Sheep Orchestra

9. Ice Cream Nachos

8. Flash Warts

7. Save a Horse (Ride a Transformer)

6. Lady in the Water

5. Jumping Flash!

4. Air Friction

3. Scorched Ice

2. Groundbased

1. Evolving Emerald

I was honestly shocked when AeroZ lost his second round. I loved Evolving Emerald so much I listened to it and it alone on loop for a week without getting bored.

First of all, been waiting 2 days to be aproved and post here. Saw the article in a blog and came here looking for the music. All the mixes are great, I'm truly a fan of all your work.

Been wondering, has anyone planned official covers for both compilations? Thanks for the time and effort of each one.

First of all, been waiting 2 days to be aproved and post here. Saw the article in a blog and came here looking for the music. All the mixes are great, I'm truly a fan of all your work.

Been wondering, has anyone planned official covers for both compilations? Thanks for the time and effort of each one.

There are no official covers aside from the bracket badges. When 2010 ended I shopped around for an artist to do some art for some kind of official release, but I didn't get much response, and didn't find anyone who drew in a style that I liked.

I really want someone who can draw the Robot Masters in that classic, old-school anime style that you see in official art for the first six Mega Man games, like the art for the Complete Works PSX remakes.

I really want someone who can draw the Robot Masters in that classic, old-school anime style that you see in official art for the first six Mega Man games, like the art for the Complete Works PSX remakes.

That would be awesome. Too bad I can't draw. But got contact with a couple of people who can draw thanks to some FB groups. Let me see if i can find someone. No promises.

In the meanwhile, who made the buttons for the brackets? (The ones with Rock, Blues and Roll) Does he has larger resolution images of those? 400 px would rock! (no pun intended).

What are your favorite songs from the final four?

Here are mine:

prophetik

hard day's night

TheGuitahHeroe (VERY close call)

Blowin'em Outta the Water or Bubbling Adrenaline

WillRock (another VERY close call)

Walking Weapons Unit or Bleats of Lightning

Neblix

Shocked Quartz

I enjoyed these songs a lot (In no particular order)

The Tragic Drowning Of Heat Man (Catchiest beat, I keep coming back)

Hard Day's Night (Seamless blending of two themes)

Hardly Clubbed To Death (Such a strong personality for a remix)

The Toad Gang's Heist (Great mello sly cooperish feel. The title suits it)

Wonderful Shadows By The Electric Sheep Orchestra (Diggin the Hawaiian Vibe :)

Pull The Plug (Just keeps building up the epicness and playing off itself)

Total Eclipse Of The Sun (Another great catchy beat)

Switchblade Fangs (I can't describe it... Mello trance goodness? :)

Windswept Bubbles (Gario's mixes are always awesome. PS: Crystal Snail and Armored Armadillo combination music is awesome. I desire more)

Air Friction (A wonderful remix)

PS: I'd really like to hear more music by Jake Snake and Prototype Raptor. I feel they got knocked out too early. (No offense to the winners who had awesome mixes. It's just you hate when two great remixers are paired up cuz one of em has to get knocked outta the tourney)

Quick preface: I'm really into drums, so me liking the drums is implied.

My standouts (since I forgot to vote), going down the tracklist (one per artist, just cuz):

Bomb's Away (I quite enjoyed the name callouts to indicate a switch)

Suncoils (I really don't know what it is, but I really enjoy section from 1:15 to 1:46)

GroundBased (The intro and instrumentation sold me)

Scorched Ice (The wobble got stuck in my head for a whole day)

A Diamond Lasts Forever/Thunderstone (I can't decide which I like more, but I LOVE the style chosen by pixelwave)

Flash Warts (I like the many styles, especially 1:35 to 2:15)

Simplicity (Really dug the slow(?) pace of this one)

Save a Horse (Ride a Transformer) (I didn't even catch the Gerudo Valley reference until today. That just made it even better)

Wonderful Shadows by the Electric Sheep Orchestra (I made this my ringtone; love the style)

Serpentine Static (I really don't know why I like this one as much as I do)

Evolving Emerald (This has the most play of all the compo songs on my player)

The Tragic Drowning of Heat Man (I just like everything about this song)

Blackout Tower (Possibly my favorite Neblix mix ever (that I've heard))

Magnetized Spring Punch (I wasn't really feeling WR's stuff, then this song flipped that thought)

Nevertheless, I like practically every song developed for this compo. These were just my standouts (which is like a third of the songs). Definitely my favorite compo to date.

• 3 weeks later...