The lyrics in music from Escape from the underworld by Prophecy

devadatta

I recently saw a Let's Play of the game "Escape from the underworld" featuring music by Prophecy who's also contributed to the Cave Story Remix Project. I was blown away by this epic music and have played it repeatedly ever since. There's one problem though, I'd like to know the lyrics to these songs, especially my favorite "Back to the place I once knew", but also the other ones ("I, Cavedweller", "New Expresso" and "TPC").

I appreciate any help with this. I have some idea of what the unclear lyrics are, but I want to know the real ones.

Thanks eilios and Emunator for replies! Yes, it was DeceasedCrab's LPs that I watched. His LPs are really wonderful. I've learned about Cave Story, Iji, Chzo Mythos and other games through them. They've given me so much new favorite music and games that I'm very thankful!

One of the reasons I want to know the lyrics is that they sound like Swedish (where I'm from) words and phrases that annoy me, so I want to get rid of that and hear the real lyrics. Also, the song titles and maybe some of the lyrics seems to be so close to the game's theme that I'd like to know the extent of it. I guess though that the music was made several years before the game.

I recently saw a Let's Play of the game "Escape from the underworld" featuring music by Prophecy who's also contributed to the Cave Story Remix Project. I was blown away by this epic music and have played it repeatedly ever since. There's one problem though, I'd like to know the lyrics to these songs, especially my favorite "Back to the place I once knew", but also the other ones ("I, Cavedweller", "New Expresso" and "TPC").

I did receive your pm about these. It's just that these songs are so old that I don't seem to have the lyrics anywhere anymore. Anyways, I listened to the songs again, and this is the best I could come up with:

TPC101d is random Bulgarian phrases and words that I chopped up. The came from the sample library, "Voices Of Passion". The finished song was meant to have lyrics (particularly over the piano sections) but the project was never finished. This version of the song was basically the halfway wip, meant just for myself and friends to figure out what lyrics to sing. It was never meant to go public. You can imagine my surprise when I found out it was in the game...I'm not even sure how Banov got the track...I must have sent it to him or uploaded it somewhere in a drunken stupor or something.

I'm kinda surprised that no one seemed to notice the song was incomplete, despite being in mono, having no mixdown, lyrics, a proper name or even an ending.

New Expresso is also an unfinished wip. The full filename is NewExpresso113. It has no lyrics, just various vowels that kinda resemble them. They are also from Voices Of Passion. When I started this song, I wanted to make a reasonably realistic celtic-like track. I found this to be very difficult without a live celtic singer, and thus, never completed it.

I, Cavedweller: I remember recording and so I'm pretty sure I remember most/all of the lyrics as well:

Verse:

Alone I wait,

The air is cold,

Don't know my fate,

Days unfold,

I languish still,

Hands are frozen,

Can no longer feel,

The life chosen.

Here you'll find me,

In this cave,

Love will blind me,

As well as save,

Waiting for you,

Never tiring,

For it's you,

I'm desiring.

Chorus:

I'd give up all I have,

I'd give in all I have.

This song was done in a few hours from start to finish. The vocals were largely improvised and done in one take. I remember the night vividly because shortly after finishing the song an arsonist burned our neighbor's house down. I remember rushing outside and seeing the flames and the people outside crying. It's impossible for me now to not associate this song with that image.

Back To The Place I Once Knew was originally posted on VGMix as a remix of the Maridia theme. While it does contain a lot of original notation, it is still a remix. As you may have guessed, I never really finished this song either. I could never get the second half to sound right. I eventually just got sick of working on it and posted it.

Male Vocals:

Take me back to where I once knew,

I'll be right there waiting for you,

My heart is yours,

Please hold it close,

Brought back to the place I love most.

Female Vocals: I'll be there for you.

One of the reasons I want to know the lyrics is that they sound like Swedish (where I'm from) words and phrases that annoy me, so I want to get rid of that and hear the real lyrics.

I can understand that. Curious, what Swedish words/phrases do they sound like?

Thank you very much Prophecy for publishing the lyrics! I appreciate it very much.

TPC sounded kind of italian to me, but obviously it wasn't. Both TPC and New Expresso I noticed stopped very suddenly, even too suddenly to be intentional. I think they are well done in their own right though, even if unfinished.

Curious, what Swedish words/phrases do they sound like?
Well, it's a bit embarrassing and I knew myself that I misheard the lyrics. So here they are:

Back to the place:

? place I once knew

no regret - tea for two

my heart is destroyed when you're close

? death even most

I, Cavedweller:

Chorus:

Herre hold my hand

Herre Gud Här nära

translation:

Lord hold my hand

Lord God Here close

I'm glad now that I know the real lyrics so I don't have to hear this anymore. :-)

Also, it's great to know that Back to the place is actually a remix of a SNES tune and especially Super Metroid! It adds value to the song.

As you may have guessed, I never really finished this song either. I could never get the second half to sound right. I eventually just got sick of working on it and posted it.
Now I'm a bit confused, because I have two versions of the song, one that seem unfinished compared to the other one with both beginning and end. The file name of the longer version is "Back To The Place I Once Knew - Prophecy, Prophetess" and it's an mp3, as opposed to the others that are ogg vorbis. Haven't you made all of them?

Also, I think the music is very fitting to the game, especially with the titles "I, Cavedweller" and "Back to the place I once knew". And also I interpreted the lyrics "I'll be there for you" as a theme of vengeance, the dark angel waiting "to be there" for the arch angel and kill him. I realize of course that any influence must go from you to Banov however. :-)

I'd really like to get more of you music, so it's too bad your homepage isn't up any more. I liked your Cave Story remix as well, so there's a high chance I'd like your other music too. Were can I get it?