*NO* Final Fantasy 11 'The Battle for Vana Diel'

djpretzel

Greeting to the OCRemix Staff:

I want to submit my last composition. This is the information:

Your ReMixer name: Matías Fidemraizer

Your real name: Matías Fidemraizer

Your email address: matiasfigo@hotmail.com

Your website: http://www.ffxiconfederacion.com

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums: Mathius (I don't know how I can know my ID, sorry).

Name of game(s) ReMixed: FINAL FANTASY XI

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Vana'Diel March #1

---------------

Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc.:

FINAL FANTASY XI is the lastest game of this legendary saga, and is the largest change ever made in this saga. Now is an online game, exactly MMORPG, where you can play together with infinite players from around the world.

The composer of this game is Nobuo Uematsu and the target game systems of this game is Personal Computers and PlayStation 2.

---------------

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc:

Since I bought FINAL FANTASY XI, I was thinking about composing an original arrangement, and three months ago, finnally I did.

The first part of this music, is an original composition, that is not from the game, but in the middle of it the music turns into the "Vana'Diel March", but remixed with different orchestration.

This is a tribute to all FINAL FANTASY XI player from Mathius (this is my name in Vana'Diel's Ragnarok Server). I wonder that you will like it.

----------------

Link to the "remix":

--------------

Thank you very much and I'll be waiting for see this music in your great web site.

- Matías Fidemraizer

http://www.djpretzel.com/ocrjudge/upload/102%20Vana'diel%20March.psf2

This mix is about 2 minutes of extremely uninteresting original material followed by a sped up version of the original with a different syncopated continuo line underneath. Not much in the way of arrangement at all, and the sounds are very similar to the in-game sounds.

NO

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FFXI_psf2.rar - 102 "Vana'diel March"

Though the Prelude was referenced there, Naoshi Mizuta actually composed the source tune. And, ugh, don't co-credit yourself with Nobuo Uematsu everywhere in your MP3 tags. It looks tacky as hell and disingenuous.

Some war drums opened things up - waiting for something to happen. 5 minute mix though, so there's lot of time for something to develop. In terms of the decision, it was practically over at :55 with this really muffled and tepid brass sample that came in. Everything sounded incredibly distant and had shit to do with the source whatsoever.

1:44 changed the flow. Still original material; no connection with the source. The string sample is meh. Everything's still very distant-sounding. More brass at 2:24. Still nothing to do with the source. Finally at 2:31 we got some faster-paced material and the source finally comes in at 2:46. Like DarkeSword said, it was verbatim and sped up. What a sudden, poorly conceived "I-give-up" ending at 4:41.

To put it bluntly, bleh. Rearrange the source tune substantially next time, and make sure you next pieces posess a greater deal of clarity and more impactful sample usage. Read the OCR guidelines before you ever submit anything again.

NO

i'm sorry but boring doesn't begin to describe it.

i am a fan of the intro, i think its spectacular but talking about losing steam.. or was any even there to begin with? i like what you did until you showed that you weren't intending on taking us anywhere with this track.

there are a lot of places this could have gone but you have a godawful sense of dynamics as this pretty much carries one intensity throughout.

genuine effort that falls short of our standards

NO