OCR02232 - Final Fantasy V "Sinking Deeper"

djpretzel

to give just a little more info on the mix itself, this is the first time I actually utilized sidechaining/'gain pumping', which is what creates the pumping/fading effect on the bass and various other instruments. if I switch it off, the whole mix instantly becomes a nasty brickwalled mess of sounds. fun stuff. ;D

Halc, you've quickly become one of my favorite artists here on OCR. I know you've been arranging for a while, but I only just really started paying attention to artist names, much thanks to you and your distinct style. Just about everything I've heard from your stash is top notch, which makes your prolificacy (pretty sure that's a word) that much more impressive. Keep it going, man.

• 2 weeks later...

This song is great. The way the beat seems to have a constant "reverb/pulsing" feel to it makes it seem very aquatic.

I am also surprised I have been downloading songs of yours and brigg's for a while(You know ala-lurker) but I haven't seen either of you do many of the final fantasy songs aside from the FFX remix of yours.

None-the-less much respect for this wonderful piece of work. Perhaps one day I'll see a Final Fantasy Tactics remix from you ^^;

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It's got that loveable, playful sound to it, with funk added and signature 8 bit elements to top everything off.

This this this this.

I wouldn't necessary limit it to 8 bit, actually; a lot of it gives me a 16 bit vibe (considering the source, what I just said is a pretty hurrdurr statement, but you know what I mean).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I feel sort of Pokemon at Sea-ish with this ReMix, if that makes any sense. It seems to me that light, watery tunes lend themselves really well to chiptunes, and who better than Halc to bring that out? Speakers don't seem to do this justice without headphones and the pulsing feeling. Cool stuff, man.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02232 - Final Fantasy V "Sinking Deeper"