Your real name: Jude Gore

Your email address: chronodin@gmail.com

Your website: http://www.nerdcentral.org

ReMix Info

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Final Fantasy

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Battle Scene

Location of MP3 file:

Name of remix: Light Warriors at the Symphony

This remix is basically a few variations of the battle theme from Final Fantasy done in a baroque/classical orchestral style. The idea came to me when I was basically humming the tune to myself and changing the rhythm around a bit so it ended up being in a 3/8 meter, and I went from there. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my first remix!

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/ff1.zip - Track 16

Not a bad effort here. Samples need a bit more realism and depth to the sounds. Good vibe here and nice switch on the rhythm moving the time to 3/4, but a bit conservative on the arrangement as you just go through 3 runthroughs of the source melody with different instrumentation. Good expansionist ideas on the instrumentation, but get a bit more creative and rearrange things further. Lots of potential here. Look forward to hearing from you again here.

NO

3/8 time? 3/4 dude. :P

Anyway, time sig interpretation! I love this kind of stuff, and you did a pretty good job here. Unfortunately Larry's right about the fact that it just repeats 3 times. Also add the fact that the sounds aren't that good, and it leads me to a NO. Work more on developing new ideas in the subsequent iterations, and get some better samples! :(

Rework and Resub plz.

(Also, you don't go to a Symphony, so that word usage in the title is wrong as far as I know ;))

Actually, this would probably be considered "fast" 6/8 time. But that's nitpicky bullshit.

I like the attempt here, but there simply isn't enough variation to cut it. I really like some of the ideas presented, but the super-low sound quality and blatant repetition kill it.

We need more creative arrangements like this, but this really needs above GM MIDI quality and a bit more variation to the themes. Nice concept, though. The other judges covered everything else.

NO

-D