PSN is Back!!! - LulzSEC hacked by someone else. TROLOLOLOLOL

Brushfire

It's "I have said this once and I will say it again", damn it. The way you said it, you're contradicting yourself.

Eligible Receiver, that's who. Back in the late 90s, they did exactly what you're talking about: they had non-military people do whatever they could to get into everything from the CIA to the Pentagon and supposedly even the White House.

While it did take a few years for the US government to take the whole thing seriously (as well as a second round of successful attacks), they eventually did, and now the very networks you talked about are secured as much as possible. The US government, for all it's various faults, isn't stupid when it comes to making sure they aren't covered on their home territory. They secured that shit up good over the last decade.

Comparing a private company that had lacking security to the US power grid's security is apples and lemons. Because fuck oranges.

The Pentagon got hacked recently by a single British UFO conspiracy nut (who commented on how ridiculously easy it was).

Wasn't he heavily autistic or something? I remember the US wanting to go all out and imprison the guy for life despite having no real ill intentions and not really knowing what he was doing.

nope he was diagnosed with asperger's syndrome, which is a mild form of autism and certainly does not affect how he perceives criminal activity

What's wrong with 'fucking Texas'?

I find that most people who hate on Texas have never even been here. They just buy into the strange hate-hype that the rest of the country propagates. Now, I can't speak for Houston or Dallas, but San Antonio and (to a lesser extent) Austin are great cities with really nice people (though maybe you just don't like darkies.)

Also: Not all of us declare "Don't Mess With Texas" in a literal sense or acknowledge it as anything more than an anti-littering slogan.

I wouldn't say "I hate Canada" as I've never been there.

Having said that, I think we can all agree that Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi are horrible.

Now how about that PSN outage!

What's wrong with 'fucking Texas'?

I find that most people who hate on Texas have never even been here. They just buy into the strange hate-hype that the rest of the country propagates. Now, I can't speak for Houston or Dallas, but San Antonio and (to a lesser extent) Austin are great cities with really nice people (though maybe you just don't like darkies.)

I wouldn't say "I hate Canada" as I've never been there.

Having said that, I think we can all agree that Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi are horrible.

Now how about that PSN outage!

Sidebar:

I have been to Texas 2 times, and both were very different situations.

The first time I went to Texas I had a layover in George Bush Airport in Houston. As soon as I was greeted with a giant Fox News store, right in the airport with Fox News on no less than 6 giant flat screens.

I soon noticed that about 1 in 10 people (which was a LOT of people) were wearing the same orange hoodie, which I eventually figured out was a Texas Longhorns thing. This continued throughout the entire airport.

I got thirsty and started looking for a store to buy a Coke, but I couldn't find a single one. However, I did find 3 separate stores selling BBQ sauce.

As I boarded my plane, I noticed the guy next to me was reading Sara Palin's book. So take that all as you will, it goes without saying that I walked face first into stereotype central.

The second time I went to Texas it was a little different. I drove through with starla. As I past through west Texas the smell of oil fumes gave me a pretty bad headache, but it was interesting to see all the wind power they have out there. It was also kind of strange to see oil pumps in the middle of cotton fields o.o

We went through I don't even know how many small (very very small) towns, ALL of which had a "Home of (High School Football Team)" sign. SOME had hand painted anti-Obama, pro-McCain/Palin, but I'd say I saw less than 10 total.

When I got to Austin I was actually really surprised. Austin was like nothing else I had experienced in Texas. HUGELY urban, very hipster, just a pretty cool place, honestly (not that I'm into the hipster thing, but it was a breathe of fresh air). A friend of mine there took us to a nice local restaurant, I got a Lone Star Beer, had an excellent turkey sandwich. Afterwards we went to Austin's 6th Street which was...definitely a welcome sight. Even on a Thursday night is pretty pretty happening, and I went to some damn cool bars there.

My experience showed me that Texas is FULL of grey area, and I feel like a lot of the bad reputation it gets is from the lower populated areas. I will say that a lot of Texas feels like another country all of its own. Texas stars are on everything (highways, banks, gas stations, McDonald's), and everything there is "Texas Tire Repair" or "First National Bank of Texas". Everything in Austin is "Capital of Texas (whatever)." Texas LOVES Texas.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

I haven't even really turned on my Playstation since the outtage, now. My PC and PSN both died at the same time, so I've been unable to really get into Portal 2 with starla, and now I'm just getting more and more used to using my newly purchased 360 instead.

By the end of May PSN may have completely vanished from my memory if there's not some super sweet exclusive PS3 title coming

haha I didn't mean to offent you Texans, it's just that I have been relocated in Bedford and I don't have a car so I am pretty much confined to my hotel room. I am pretty sure living in a city would be a lot nicer.

Anyways to be fair Sony said that they would be restoring their services in stages, with the online gaming services having top priority, so it should probably be up before May 31st.

Rama described two parts of Texas, one which sounded nice, and one which was utterly horrifying.

I've been to Brownsville. I figure they must call it that for a reason. I enjoyed the palm trees and the seemingly endless flat dirt land. I could see the sunrise flat across the horizon with nothing obstructing it there. Seemed like mini-Mexico to me.

Protip about Texas:

Anywhere that isn't San Antonio or Austin is crap, as has already been mentioned. In fact, the closer you get to Louisiana from there, the worse it gets.

Having lived in Louisiana for 4 years and having gone to east Texas(particularly Houston) many times, I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

Yep, that's all I have to contribute.

Is all i have to say about texas

But seriously the only thing i don't want to experience but will about texas when i eventually go visit my friend there, is the heat.

But i think i'll go with plenty of cooling stuff just to be sure.

...wait wasn't this tread about sony?