PSN is Back!!! - LulzSEC hacked by someone else. TROLOLOLOLOL

Brushfire

May 31st is still the date when every PlayStation Network service will go back up (supposedly). But they said that online gaming was having top priority and that it would be up sooner... I would not expect things like QRiocity and Playstation Store to be back up before that date though.

On Playstation Blog, they said two days ago that it will 'still be at least a few more days'.

Can't justify getting a 360 when I have a PC along side with the Wii and PS3; not to mention there are no games on the 360 that would make me want one.

That said I'll admit to some jealousy on it having a lot of nice shmups.

I can wait otherwise doing other things along side finishing up some of the single player titles I've bought but haven't made time for before.

Can't justify getting a 360 when I have a PC along side with the Wii and PS3; not to mention there are no games on the 360 that would make me want one.

Hey gang, did you all know that Schwaltzvald seems to be quite the consummate Sony/Playstation fan, and doesn't particularly care for Microsoft products?

I guess we all know who won't be getting a Win7 phone in the future, huh? :-P

Okay. So my computer should be clean since I just reformatted, however gmail alerted me that some IPs in China have been accessing my email. Nothing has been sent from it however, and I changed my password and will probably be changing a few more. Seeing as my computer is clean some people seem to think it's related to the hacks since that's the email I had attached to PSN.

Just saying it might not be a bad idea to change your email passwords, or keep particularly vigilant about it and what's going on with credit cards and bank accounts.

Memorizing new passwords is gonna suck. ><

It may not be due to the PSN problems; last month my Gmail account was accessed from Romania and was used to send spam. This was before the PSN problems even started, and I have never touched a PS system, so I think it's probably unrelated in your case. Even so, changing your passwords is still a good idea no matter what.

It was up out here in California on Saturday night, but appears to be down again.

Also, your Gmail account being hacked into has nothing to do with PSN. Nekofrog's account was accessed by someone in Laos back at the end of March, but luckily, he was notified before any spam went out. He changed his password and has been fine since.

http://www.techspot.com/news/43811-psn-restart-not-allowed-in-japan-until-sony-proves-its-safe.html

"Speaking to Dow Jones Newswires yesterday, Kazushige Nobutani, Japan's director of media and content in the country's Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry, said that as of May 13 "Sony was incomplete in exercising measures that they said they will do on the May 1 press conference." He didn't comment on which measures were lacking, but it's certainly a blow to the company as it tries to convince people that it will be safe to use the network now."

So Japan isn't letting them turn on the PSN in Japan because Sony hasn't yet met publicly unmentionable requirements that were promised on May 1 yet? I'm sure they weren't REALLY dancing around the office for 28 days only to release the same 'vulnerable' PSN with a bandaid on it.

Yeah, they haven't done a lot of what they said would be coming yet. They've only restored the online play and sign-in for the regions that have been turned on. Maybe the portion that the rest of the world has allowed them to turn on has been upgraded but the rest isn't and Japan is being nit-picky. I don't think you can buy anything or input credit card info yet, so I don't know why peopled are all bunged up. Besides, even if Sony were cleared in Japan, there are going to be people who will refuse to ever use the service again; even to play a few rounds of Street Fighter.

I know I heard something about getting free playstation + for a month but has Sony officially announced any other "Welcome back" incentives? Has the playstation + thing started yet? I'm assuming you have to opt into it at some point.