PSN is Back!!! - LulzSEC hacked by someone else. TROLOLOLOLOL

Brushfire

I think people are blaming Sony because they are entitled fucks. Blaming the perps would not benefit them in any way, but by giving Sony enough shit they are expecting to get a better compensation.

That's the only logic I can find here, because honestly I have a lot of difficulty understanding brand loyalty or shit.

Oh, that Kotaku.

Also: very cute image, Brushfire.

Also also: were you planning on answering my questions regarding "sincere regret" and "accountability", Brandon? Or do you think Brushfire's image summed up your thoughts well enough?

taking down their service purposely for so long makes no sense financially --

I understand that you don't like Sony -- No company would hurt their image this badly on purpose, period.

Thank you.

It's the stupid conspiracy theories cropping up from people who hate the evil corporation Sony (for whatever reason) that really grate on me.

Suggesting Sony took down the PSN and claimed their customer data was compromised, all a PLOY to GAIN SYMPATHY? Are you kidding?

The morons at Kotaku only pour gas on the idiocy flames with their inaccurate reports.

I think people are blaming Sony because they are entitled fucks. Blaming the perps would not benefit them in any way, but by giving Sony enough shit they are expecting to get a better compensation.

That's the only logic I can find here, because honestly I have a lot of difficulty understanding brand loyalty or shit.

You'd think that Sony killed Crowbar and Brandon's dogs when they were children or something.

Roadie:

I'm not sure if this solely had to do with Rebug as Sony's network went down too long and was compromised in multiple fronts.

Also why would they go after the rebug team? They have nothing to do with what people do with their software which had no design as an attack on Sony but is simply meant to help home brew developers write better software. The rebug issue seems rather small compared to what happened.

Again having investigation teams across the globe and the Japanese government angry at them is not a situation they'd continue to let a lie go on about. They have lost a lot of revenue, hurt consumer confidence, hurt developers revenue, etc etc. Sony is a monster but that hurts profit not makes it.

Darn trying to write a post on a phone, Ill fixed typos when I get home lol

Edit #234: fixed?

Everybody:

Id like to note I have no brand loyalty (hate them all almost equally and own all 3) and since I have never and will never sign into psn on my ps3 I am in no way effected by this. Still sucks for everybody though

Guys, guys, it's alright. I hate all the inferior races equally, so it's not racist at all.

Ha.

I'd seriously hate to think that in terms of one of my major forms of entertainment that I considered all 3 parts of it in a negative manner. But to each their own. I don't see much use in even arguing this any more. Continue with the Fox News debating on this issue with Kotaku "facts" and armchair business ethics.

Simple: I enjoy video games themselves, not the terrible decisions routinely made by console manufacturers and gigantic greed of mega corporations/publishers.

Not sure why I have to be a loyalist to dislike the actions of a company

Also while psn wasnt hacked the fact Sony screwed up again so fast isn't very assuring

E3 2011: Sony announces a new product, Sony Playstation Lock. It's a giant lock that attaches to your PS3 and prevents your personal info on PSN being hacked by blocking the PS3 from going online. Features include cast iron construction and firewall (made of actual fire and shit), costs $229.99 US.

MS and especially Nintendo soon announce their own system locks, because just for once, it would be nice to have Sony come up with something and then have everyone else copy it later.

E3 2011: Sony announces a new product, Sony Playstation Lock. It's a giant lock that attaches to your PS3 and prevents your personal info on PSN being hacked by blocking the PS3 from going online. Features include cast iron construction and firewall (made of actual fire and shit), costs $229.99 US.

MS and especially Nintendo soon announce their own system locks, because just for once, it would be nice to have Sony come up with something and then have everyone else copy it later.

Your comment was so full of oh-snap that it hurt my back

Anything to do with computers makes it so that someone with enough skill, knowledge and desire can do just about anything they want, including hiding their identity. Yes, that's a gross simplification, but it's still true.

You know what's really hard to hack? Physically isolated systems, with really strict security personnel acting correctly and not yielding to anything but perfect protocol. But then, you lose ease of access for the people you want to have in it.

Any way, to the utter idiots that claim this is some sort of bullshit ploy by Sony to somehow garner... what did they say it was again? Customer sympathy? Tax breaks? Something irrational like that. I doubt it. Sony announced this whole debacle is costing them 170 million bucks. That combines with other factors puts them over 3 billion dollars in the red.

So yeah, they shot themselves in the leg after the tax man broke a kneecap and the earthquakes and tsunamis destroyed their house. Awesome plan! Truly the brilliant master plan of an evil corporation like Sony.