OCR02233 - Streets of Rage "Four Years Since..."

djpretzel

I love mixes in this vein. What that vein is, I can't really pin down, but they've got that soft, meandering, low-beat-in-the-background vibe to them. The kind of music you put for reflection during rainy walks at night in the City...which is what the Mixer seems like he was aiming for, so good work, man.

Beautiful, hope to hear more soon!

I've been waiting for more remixes from this source.

I must admit i was blown away by the style, completely different feel to the original version yet still in a sense staying true to the source.

Personally loved the audio clips of the sirens and helicopter noise, adds to the feel of the corrupt city in needs of someone to protect them.

Whatever it is i'm enjoying it alot.

Keep up the good work mate.

One of my favorite Yuzo Koshiro sources of all time, done in a great downtempo style. But, dude, where's my bassline? The source has a delightfully filthy FM bassline, while this remix has pretty much no low end at all (kick aside) until around 3:15 or so.

Nitpicks out of the way, I do enjoy the mix and it's definitely going on my iPod. There's a cinematic Parasite Eve-ish flavor to it (the percussion usage in particular feels very much like e.g. "Out Of Phase") that I really enjoy.

http://twitter.com/ocremix/status/63633225909682176

NEW ReMix! Streets of Rage 'Four Years Since...' by @twosevenmusic! http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02233/ @yuzokoshiro @sega

http://twitter.com/yuzokoshiro/status/64757812433129472

@ocremix thanks, i love this rnb style, especially with a nice deep kick sound.

WINA = WINNER! Nice work, man! Quite the debut! :nicework:

:-D ...I can't find words to describe what's going through my head!

Thank you all for the lovely feedback! Man, I'll probably just end up gushing and ranting on and on, so I'll just say, thank you!

We have been able to catch all streets of rage essence. :)

This is a great remix and far of, my favorite of some of the remixes on this community.

I would love to see more streets of rage remxed by you. I was really fond of your description of everything you made on the song. It is really great.

5 5TAR5:grin::-D:razz::idea:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cop siren and helicopter at the beginning with the piano was a fantastic intro. Too bad I was brought up with a SNES and not a genesis, because maybe I'd be more framilier with Streets of Rage music rather than Final Fight. I'll be fixing that problem some day. Still, this mellow track has a nice hip hop beat to it and this sounds like something I'd except from a concept album based on the OST. Yeah, I love the SFX, and the way you spaced them out so that it wasn't overdone.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02233 - Streets of Rage "Four Years Since..."