halc

hal-see

'Wings to the Sky'

source: Powerful Mario (

)

*project song

meh, I'd shoot for the dp, but I don't mind getting jooj'd on a little bit :3

comments:

another typical halc mix you say? well, perhaps so. it does have chiptunes, zelda-strings, sound effects, and a cheap pseudo-fadeout ending.. with an extra dose of untz and boom-wah. please to enjoy. :]

------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

[17:19] <Deia> i assume im not allowed to 'Typical Halc Mix, YES' more than once

[17:19] <Deia> :D

[17:19] <Andrew> been there, done that

So, here we go. Chippy, fun, all in your style. This is an obvious direction to take the original, and I think you make it work while adding some new fun things on top. Nice use of the fire-flower *poink*, although it seems to stick out just a little too much for my liking. Use of panning is excellent, with 1:58 sticking out (melody-countermelody FTW).

Couple nitpicks; I already mentioned the *poink* above for one. I'm not feeling the section at 0:43-0:58, it feels strange to me. Similarly, 1:05 feels more awkward than anything else. Maybe make the pause longer? Ending isn't terribly strong as well, and stops a bit abruptly.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Some really nice details like the bouncing and descending echoes in the stereo delay - I think the right arrangement choice was made on an overly repetitive source song by gradually adding elements in and focusing on an ornate presentation, rather than trying to add too much original stuff.

the snare plink is a bit too prominent, but overall I am feelin it.

Yes

• 4 weeks later...

How did this get here? Oh, he put it there.

Some really nice details like the bouncing and descending echoes in the stereo delay - I think the right arrangement choice was made on an overly repetitive source song by gradually adding elements in and focusing on an ornate presentation, rather than trying to add too much original stuff.

the snare plink is a bit too prominent, but overall I am feelin it.

Look at that, he read my mind. Really fun stuff. Obviously has some halc staples, but actually didn't remind me of any of his past work, which was a nice change of pace.

It doesn't remind me of flying or anything like that (no hate on the title), but it's a geeky club joint, complete with fireball SFX as a beat. I imagine some YouTube comments will be like "Goomba in the club! Toad in the club!" I'll still facepalm. :lol:

YES