OCR01315 - *YES* Golden Sun 'Sol Sanctum Guitar'

djpretzel

http://download-sheet-music.com/0vg/1lI1GameboyAdvance/GameboyAdvance_Golden-S_Sol-Sa_16076.mid

Volume is subdued.

EgM has as usual covered the original elements with his guitar. The performance is nice, violin too, but the arrangement keeps itself to exploring the main riff of the theme without many additions, which could have expanded the song handily.

Since it's not a cover, and what's here is fine, YES

Yeah, I remember Eric & I talking about the piece a couple of months ago to make sure this wouldn't run into any problems, like his previous Tombs & Treasure cover. I had played it on VGF45, but hadn't verified the level arrangement until I talked to EgM. Didn't save the conversation, but in my opinion things checked out.

The performance was per Eric's usual quality offerings, and this time I had no problems on the arrangement front. Though still a conservative take on the material, the arrangement expanded upon the sounds of the original and provided adequate variation in the composition and instrumentation. The mix actually seems to go by faster than 3 minutes as you casually listen. Good job on this straightforward relaxation piece. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but I encourage y'all out there to check it out.

YES

First thing I notice is a very solid guitar tone. There's decent playing, and a good use of dynamics. No, there's a great use of dynamics. It's refreshing to hear someone use intensity as a musical tool and not just an excuse to be loud.

The drums are the low point, but I hate everyone's drums. The metals are a bit tinny and the arrangement is a bit simpler than what could have been. I don't hear much in the way of fills and grooves, but it doesn't really detract too much from the overall picture.

Definately passable.

YES

-D