Breath of Fire! Project wish

ShinnyMetal

*UPDATE* *UPDATE*Official Project Thread*UPDATE* *UPDATE*

A totally underrated game with a surprisingly great soundtrack, that suffers from poor midi quality. I think OCR would do this great justice if it became a remix project. I know there's like 20 (I'm might be exaggerating a bit) project working right now but I would jump in on it like no ones business! What do you guys think? Would you be interested in joining? I know I couldn't run it...or maybe...I donno. takes a lot of devotion but I think I'd be willing to consider. Give me some feed back then I can start to think over it and maybe try and get an official one up.

I was thinking that maybe we could just do the first games music or pick the best of the best from each of the 5 games and go from there. I don't want to have an over whelming 4-5 disc album. I think 2 or 3 discs are good enough and enough to represent the music. To be fair, though, I haven't played 2, 4 and Dragon Quarter. I’ve just seen all these super sized remix projects come out of ocr recently that seem to take 5 years to get done because there are way too many working parts but who knows, maybe it’s the best way to do some of these projects, especially since you span the length of a series or just a few from it.

Maybe this is a bigger deal for me since BoF was my very first rpg growing up and it captivated me, it was unlike any other game I’ve laid eyes on...and personally something about still is kind of unique to a lot of rpgs out there. Capcom's twist on the genre was subtle but endearing to me.

So post here with any thoughts, message me, whatever. I wanna know if this really can happen, and if you haven’t heard of Breath of Fire or just haven't heard the music, you should give it a listen. It's pretty awesome (I'll always remember distictly the first overworld theme and Alan and Cerl...amazing)

I think this series along with many others in the world deserve the distinction of having a project in this great site. I know, personally, that the first game would actually be able to flourish with its themes remade, having new life breathed into them. I hope this can be a reality

-Brian

Breath of Fire was my first RPG as well, and I've been a dedicated BoF fanboy ever since. I love the series, with BoF2 being my favorite by far (you owe it to yourself to check out 2, 4, and 5!). I would jump at the chance to OC remix Breath of Fire music, especially given how incredibly underrated it is (it was always a dream of mine to hear orchestrated renditions of Breath of Fire music). That said, I've never remixed music before, and have no experience with that whatsoever. I play the drums (and even did some drumming renditions of 1 and 2's music, which you can look at

, and
).

Breath of Fire I's soundtrack for the most part is full-blown orchestral. Breath of Fire II has a few orchestral renditions here and there, but is also largely rock/metal-oriented, especially with the battle music. III is full-blown jazz, IV has orchestral, Asian and Middle-Eastern influences, and V is mostly electronic and orchestral.

So, I don't particularly know how I could give to this project, but I'd try with all my might!

On a side note, it's really annoying that there are no official liner notes that indicate which composer composed which piece of Breath of Fire I's music. Yasuaki Fujita, Minae Fujii, Mari Yamaguchi, and Yoko Shimomura contributed, with Shimomura only contributing one track (which one, I have no clue).

Yeha I really wanna play them. Though so far the music fro the first one is my favorite by far (probably mostly nostalgia haha) And, to my understanding, the music from the first game was made by Capcom's

"House Band" made up of Fujita, Fujii, Yamaguchi and Shimorura and they really worked on it all together for the most part.

... fuck. You haven't played 2 OR 4? Seriously, you're making a statement to remix the best of the games, and you're missing out on the two best of the series (imho). BoF2 had an especially epic soundtrack.

I think it's a great idea. Go make it happen, ShinnyMetal.

Also, Phantosmask is here to break up all these Ryu faces.

My only problem is I'm not not good with website crap and have no clue how to get Mirrors for downloads and whatnot. It's all kind of confusing to me. I'd have to find someone who can help me out with that...which is tough. I might know a person who could do a webpage, she's been taking webdesign classes but she's not good at making a page look good because of lack of photoshop skills n whatnot. It's kind of scary to think about what all needs done haha

I've only played the first part, although I've never finished it. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but at some point I just got stuck, and then I stopped playing for a while and forgot about the game completely. =D

I found the music pretty good, so I would be willing to participate in the project, but I'm kind of swamped right now. If this is a far future thing (like a year from now), then count me in. =)

Some of the songs are on my remix to-do list, though. So eventually you might be able to hear my orchestral arrangement of it.

that's be cool. I'm thinking of starting this soon but I just wanted to get some of your thoughts on it. Should I focus on one game? all of them? a few of them?

Personally what I really want to work on is just the first game but this project isn't for me, it's for the community and the series itself so what's your thoughts on that?