Castlevania 4 - Clock Tower

The Castlevania franchise seems to be incredibly popular in the world of arrangers. Well, I won't deny the music is amazing, especially due to its consistent amazingness over all those years despite multiple different composers working on its OSTs. I kind of disapprove of the new 3D castlevania, though. I mean if you've seen Touhou Castlevania 2 (

), it puts a very modern touch to the way Castlevania works, without endlessly dragging the player into a strange 3d world where the dynamics of Castlevania don't work. Anyway, I liked the Clock Tower Theme from Castlevania 4, it's a bit like the main theme from Simon's Quest, I think.

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQc-pZv7Dlo

Arrange: http://soundcloud.com/ravensjig/clock-tower-wip

General commentary and tips are always welcome!!

Nice!^^

The arrangement really sounds good without the intro of the original track.

Love the percussion, reminds me of soundtracks for films about war.

I would love another instrument to be included, maybe a grand piano for harmonies after the first part with percussion?

Just a suggestion :-D

• 2 weeks later...
The arrangement really sounds good without the intro of the original track. Love the percussion, reminds me of soundtracks for films about war. I would love another instrument to be included, maybe a grand piano for harmonies after the first part with percussion?

thank you kindly for taking a look at this arrangement! And thanks for the advice, I'll certainly look into it at some point