Thor!

OceansAndrew

I saw the movie last night and it was super badass!

The effects were great but understated, the casting and acting was very good, and though some of the fights were edited a little too quickly for my taste, the whole thing was super exciting. There was a lot of humor as well, and I would definitely recommend going to go see it. :-)

Funny you said that because I didn't like it. I found the acting to be weak from the supporting characters (Hopkins was good though), the plot to be pretty uninspired, super predictable and a little boring. I do realise this is an adaptation of the comics, but compared to the fantastic Iron Man, this just pales in comparison (not Iron Man 2, that was a terrible film).

Although it has to be said, yeah, there were funny moments admittedly, and the CGI was very impressive at times (Asgard looked fantastic).

Thor was awesome. I, personally, enjoyed it more than Iron Man. (I also didn't think Iron Man 2 was at all bad, even if it didn't quite live up to the first one.) I may have been biased going in, being a Norse mythology buff, but you would think that would just make me more prone to picking at all the mistakes and inaccuracies in the movie. Nope. Loved it.

It was good. Definitely fits in with the other Avengers-based movies. Also, the Cosmic Cube stinger at the end... OK, that might be interesting. But first, we have to get the Captain America movie out, and then we'll see how things turn out.

But yeah, this batch of Marvel movies is such a huge difference from the older ones. They were all disconnected, random in quality, and most of them were just terrible. I'm glad Marvel is making these ones fit together so nicely.

It was good. Definitely fits in with the other Avengers-based movies. Also, the Cosmic Cube stinger at the end... OK, that might be interesting. But first, we have to get the Captain America movie out, and then we'll see how things turn out.

But yeah, this batch of Marvel movies is such a huge difference from the older ones. They were all disconnected, random in quality, and most of them were just terrible. I'm glad Marvel is making these ones fit together so nicely.

I have yet to see it (I will in the next week) but I know that Marvel is leading up to the Avengers movie by introducing the core characters. My worry is that the movies will be rushed, since these are huge moneymakers for Marvel. DC is doing fine with the once-a-year thing, but my hopes aren't high for the Green Lantern movie.

Thor was good because they kept the involvement of everyone from Earth to a minimum, with the exception of Agent Coulson. Clark Gregg continues to be the perfect straight-man for the Marvel movies, and he gets a slightly bigger role than usual here.

That being said, if you come to this film expecting a great plot that ends up with Natalie Portman getting it on with the god of thunder, you'll be very disappointed. This is a film about the non-Earth Marvel universe that happens to have some stuff take place on Earth.

The only problem involves our knowledge of upcoming Marvel films (Avengers) and the ending, which isn't as dramatic as it would otherwise be as a result. Still, a good film that I enjoyed a great deal.