OCR01315 - Golden Sun "Sol Sanctum Guitar"

djpretzel

You should've been around for PRC 2-7. They had to remix this very theme, and they had some excellent entries, but this one would've won for sure had you entered it. It's about time we got a Golden Sun mix in here too.

Wow... I had just assumed this was from that PRC... now I need to actually hear it. :D

EDIT: Good stuff. I disagree with people who say it was too short though; I'd take too short over too repetitive anyday. I think EgM said all that he needed to in his time slot. A keeper.

I'll have to jump on the 'too short' bandwagon, too. But it's nice even though I haven't played the game. Reminds me of a whole bunch of things. Something on the order of Pink Floyd playing New Order's "Elegia". But yeah this is very Pink Floyd esque, with the use of the guitar and violin bits. Something about the overall pacing and drums gives me the same thoughts. Were you going for a PF feel at all?

-Karrde-

Coincidence that this midday i was listening to almost the whole sountrack of the game, and replaying Sol Sanctum a few times. I must say, i don't like this one. It doesn't feel right to me. I like the original better.

Though i'd love to hear GS remixes, too bad this one slips away for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this piece has some quality moments... especially from 00:48 to 01:08, which features some of the finest guitar work and mixing in the entire scene, i would say. :)

but, it seems as if it weren't for that 20 second part, (which is sweet but oh so short) the song would be a bit lacking in the mixing and arrangement department.

it could have been really great if you had elaborated more on the mix, though! :)

cheers.

This Song is great, no, fantastic!

I like it. The slo guitar is very cool and the background music fits to the guitar.

I played Golden Sun 1 and 2 very very very long. I solved everything and in my opinion this games can beat many Final Fantasy games.

And my last words:

We need more GoldenSun 1 and 2 remixes!!! :D

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01315 - Golden Sun "Sol Sanctum Guitar"