Need Composer for Youtube Project

(UPDATED) 5/8/11

Heya fellow OC Remixer's!

I am trying to build up a gaming community on Youtube with a few friends of mine. Our gaming channel is Xtreme Gaming Presents.

http://youtube.com/xtremegamingpresents

Currently we are just producing videos of various games. We mainly do Minecraft videos. In the near future we plan to up production a bit and start our own podcast.

Now to the point.

We are looking for a music composer for our gaming channel. Since we are limited on funds right now, we are going to be requesting just a few quick tracks. Another thing I should point out is that we are not looking for a composer who is requesting a ton of money per track. I have been emailing rather semi-popular artists out there and they want between $100-$500 per track. I just want everyone on here to know that something along those lines is not realistic at all in our budget. Thank you for understanding.

(What we are requesting)

Right now we want to start out with a few 'licensed' tracks.

The first track we would absolutely love would be our very own theme song. The track really only needs to be around 1:00 long as we will be playing it at the start of every video.

A good example of a theme song we like is 'TheYogscast' theme song. They play their theme song at the beginning of every video. Here is a link to get some ideas.

We however do not want the theme song to be that happy sounding... We want the song to have a happy feeling in it but also a bit of techno and 8-bit elements into it to make it sound more like a video game.

The next track we are requesting is about a 35-45 second piece that would play at the ending of some of our videos. It would be our 'Coming Up Next' track. For example, we currently do a series on Minecraft that involves multiple episodes. At the end of every video we put in a 'Coming Up Next' presentation that shows the audience what is coming in the next episode.

We would like the song to sound very dramatic, intense and fast. We however would like to request a chanting choir in there to add to the feeling.

Here are a few examples of what we want the track to sound like.

Example 1. 0:00 to 0:43.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/412174

Example 2. 2:18 to 2:50

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/411477

Example 3. 0:15 to 1:22

I apologize that streaming is not available on this track as it is FLAC.

http://www.box.net/shared/cjyrlrkdui

So basically we want it to be an orchestral type track but very dramatic and intense sounding with an awesome chanting choir.

In no way am I asking for a real choir. ;)

I am asking for someone who knows how to mix choirs together real well with their choir package. People who currently can not edit choirs in any form should not offer their service for the 2nd track. ^_^

If you would like to give this a shot, please PM me on the forums.

Offer me examples of some of your work that relates to the type of music we are requesting. Please ask me any further questions along with your message. Also, please give me your pricing as that is a big concern with us. ^_^

I'm posting on OC Remix because I know there are so many talented composers on here already equipped with the packages suited for choirs.

We're requesting two very short tracks for now to keep things very easy for the composer to work with. We are open to more than one composer.

Important! Please consult with me first in a PM before composing the song. Giving me a quote before production helps me out. It saves a lot of stress on both of us!

I will keep this thread updated.

Thank you for your time. It's really appreciated!

Bond

Just wanna say that the price those semi-popular artists have set for their work isn't all that unreasonable considering the hours that go into making a decent track.

Just consider the chanting choir you mentioned. Doing it for realz means getting a choir together and recording a few takes to make sure you have good one. Easily a few hours of work just for that, plus that the choir might not wanna do it for free. Or you can record it yourself, a dozen passes, mix them together and put a good reverb on it. Again, hours of work. Or, get a sample package with the appropriate kinds of choir chanting. Easily a few hundred bucks, and the time it takes to learn how to use it, and the time to actually use it for the track. Or free stuff on the net - more hours looking for decent stuff, more time to eliminate problems and to make it sound human enough. Add writing, recording, and mixing everything else, and you've got yourself quite a few hours of work.

Not saying you can't find someone to do it cheap or even for free, I'm just saying you often get what you pay for. You've got a decent idea for a youtube show, good luck with it. :)

Just wanna say that the price those semi-popular artists have set for their work isn't all that unreasonable considering the hours that go into making a decent track.

Just consider the chanting choir you mentioned. Doing it for realz means getting a choir together and recording a few takes to make sure you have good one. Easily a few hours of work just for that, plus that the choir might not wanna do it for free. Or you can record it yourself, a dozen passes, mix them together and put a good reverb on it. Again, hours of work. Or, get a sample package with the appropriate kinds of choir chanting. Easily a few hundred bucks, and the time it takes to learn how to use it, and the time to actually use it for the track. Or free stuff on the net - more hours looking for decent stuff, more time to eliminate problems and to make it sound human enough. Add writing, recording, and mixing everything else, and you've got yourself quite a few hours of work.

Not saying you can't find someone to do it cheap or even for free, I'm just saying you often get what you pay for. You've got a decent idea for a youtube show, good luck with it. :)

What's wrong with Magnus? lol

Just consider the chanting choir you mentioned. Doing it for realz means getting a choir together and recording a few takes to make sure you have good one.

LOL! I should of probably explained this a little bit more..

In no way am I asking for a 'realz' choir here. ;)

If I was then the $500-$1000 budget would make more sense.

No, I am asking for someone who knows how to mix choirs together real well with their choir package. Asking for someone to go out and get a real choir for me? You kidding!? xD Hehe. ^_^

LOL! I should of probably explained this a little bit more..

In no way am I asking for a 'realz' choir here. ;)

If I was then the $500-$1000 budget would make more sense.

No, I am asking for someone who knows how to mix choirs together real well with their choir package. Asking for some to go out and get a real choir for me? You kidding!? xD Hehe. ^_^

A decent choir package with custom syllables is like $400+.

Sorry, I am cracking up laughing now. XD

People who currently can not edit choirs in any form should not offer. ^_^

I'm posting on OC Remix because I know there are so many talented composers on here already with equipment suited for choirs.

We're requesting two very short tracks for now to keep things very easy for the composer to work with. :)

• 4 months later...