OCR01316 - Mega Man Zero 2 "Stranger in the Desert"

djpretzel

Darke Sword, this song inspired me while I was designing a signiture for my friend on a message board (his username is Maverick Hunter Zero) and I was so satisfied with the results that I thought I should thank you for making such an awesome song! I mean, just look at the end result after setting "Stranger in the Desert" on loop and going to town in photoshop:

Mavhunterzerosig.jpg

Piano panned through both channels sound interesting and fit very well in all parts of the music.

The flute play so emotionally that makes me feel stranger when I heard the melody. There is no better word for the title, my only restriction is that it must be in the plural, because there are many strangers in the desert.

I hope someday I learn to play woodwinds like the judges here.

The piano fade out need no commentaries, pretty cool. :D

i tried in lime wire and kazaa lite ,torrent storm and many more but most of the are urs?Although i like urs a lot,but i would like to listen to the original one.Plz and tq.

This isn't really a request board. Also, don't search for Stranger in the Desert; search for Departure from Rockman Zero 2.

That's enough posting about where you can get the original, okay? Thank you.

Darke, I'm a big fan. I have to say this one of my favorites from you. I hear a lot of different pieces in here, including, as Pretz pointed out, Metal Gear Solid and Aquatic Ambience. But the piano is all you, and it's beatiful. THANK YOU SO MUCH for staying low on the drums, I was afraid that they might come in heavy at some point and disrupt the flow.

Not much in terms of suggestion. There are two ways that I know once I've listened to something that it has reached perfection in my ears (cause does it ever reach perfection in the artist's ears?). One is that I will need at once to go play the piano and do an improvised remix. Another is that I suddenly feel I have to go play the game again. Your piece did both. Listening to it as I write this, and still loving it.

Zipp

i tried in lime wire and kazaa lite ,torrent storm and many more but most of the are urs?Although i like urs a lot,but i would like to listen to the original one.Plz and tq.

This isn't really a request board. Also, don't search for Stranger in the Desert; search for Departure from Rockman Zero 2.

That's enough posting about where you can get the original, okay? Thank you.

GSF Central - Megaman Zero 2 soundtrack

I originally thought the track you were covering was Awakening World, but you're more or less right, it is Departure (Intro Stage), either works.

As for the mix itself, one of the best mixes in recent memory for me, and my favourite Darkesword mix.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice, especially for the first remix of the MM Zero series. Emotional yet relaxing, and I love the brief energetic part around 2:50. What frustrated me was that this is one of those tunes that you should be able to completely lose yourself in if you close your eyes, but it seems like most of the times the tune really seems to be building to something, it suddenly goes all quiet again.

Still, while it could have used some improvements here and there, it was quite enjoyable in the end. Thumbs up.

• 9 months later...

My first thought was that it sounded like the underwater theme in DKC. But then again, it was only a slight piano prelude, but it didn't make me think of a desert anyway.

But let's get back to the subject, I'm a complete loser for piano remixes, this one must be one of the most beautiful I've ever heard. It isn't two-handed, but those bright tunes just make me melt, like a scorching desert. HEY, I can make the connection now! Then there's also a lovely flute (which I happen to also to be a loser for, but not completely), and it puts that lonely mark on this remix. This is about a stranger, nowhere to go with only his cape and a bottle of water as company. The flute puts the dot above the i, making this a definite download for all those who has a keen ear for piano and flute arrangements. What can I say? DarkeSword has done it once again.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Everything about this piece is so good I don't know what to say. I got MMZ2 when it first came out and these two themes were clearly the best of the game (only a couple others are memorable...) and just love the entire feel and execution of the games intro. This takes it to an entire new level and although there are only 2 MMZ remixes, a song like this completely makes up for the lack of others. In a way, it fully encompasses what the Zero series is about, to me.

• 1 year later...

I finally figured out what the quicker part in the middle (around 2:50-3:14) reminds me of: some of the soundtrack by Kawai Kenji to the anime Fate/stay Night.

The melody is rather similar sounding, though it's been so long since I've played megaman--I don't remember most of the themes; so, it could just be that the composers wrote similar material.

Either way, it is just so catchy (especially those 32nd notes on the piano) and is definitely one of my favorites.

• 11 months later...

Ooohhhh.....yes. Just yes. This is beautiful in the beginning to 2:15 with the piano and the wind instrument together. I have a soft spot for those wind instruments, and more so when played like this. Then it gets into the faster sounding beat and I can really see how others could compare this to soundtrack/anime/intrumental CD's. Right after that it seems to be slow and calm again, but with more of a purpose. Oh yeah, this could work in a soundtrack or anime really well. Darn, good work, man.

• 2 months later...

The first half is very subdued but determined, and then it starts to pick up and get even more determined. The piano left hand started out a little out of character for what the song ended up being, but overall I really enjoyed this one.

A single promise... A decisive battle... And time is running out...

Beautiful work. :-)

• 2 years later...

This is beautiful. Such pain that comes along with this... I love listening to it... I just can't handle this too often. -_- Zero's pain is open bare for all to see. I know this remix is for Zero and not X, but I can almost feel X's sorrow as well.

... erm, maybe I'm getting a bit too emotional feely here :P

Darkesword did a tremendous job with this mix. :D I only hope listening to it time after time with tweak didn't make him sad, as it would me. ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

How I never got around to reviewing this masterpiece is beyond me. Probably one of my favorite mixes on the site; the mood and evolution is stellar. The tempo shift is great and when the beat comes alive... gorgeous. The flute is perfect. No complaints, an amazing remix. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01316 - Mega Man Zero 2 "Stranger in the Desert"