OCR01318 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Symphonic Ballade"

djpretzel

I've had the WIP version for a long time now, and have downloaded this version, the complete version, in hope of it being as good as the WIP one. This one has surpassed it in so many levels. Although the tune is close to the one I heard before, there are little things added that keeps it feeling "magical". The Ballad of the Wind Fish is my second favorite Zelda song (Tal Tal Heights is the first), and "Symphonic Ballad" does it justice. Beautiful work, 8/10.

• 1 year later...

This was kind of BLAH...

Not to mention the sudden and only variation in the melody really annoyed the fuck out of me.

If you're going to variate, variate. But please don't fuck up the original melody just cuz you thought "it'd be cute..." Like, it was annoying to hear the melody like it does in the game and then "fwoop!" It's different in this ONE place, the rest is verbatim.

Over all a real boring arrangement.

This was kind of BLAH...

Not to mention the sudden and only variation in the melody really annoyed the fuck out of me.

If you're going to variate, variate. But please don't fuck up the original melody just cuz you thought "it'd be cute..." Like, it was annoying to hear the melody like it does in the game and then "fwoop!" It's different in this ONE place, the rest is verbatim.

I was going to say something, but I don't really remember now. You're right. It's pretty boring.

• 9 months later...

personally, it was very good and calming overall. i just cannot resist the ballad of the windfish when i get the chance to hear it

how you remixed it was very creative. the windfish theme sounded like how any fan of the song would want to hear it.

the only fault is that, well, it just didn't excalty sound...together. i dont know how i can give you advice to move things around just a little bit, but its possible that you could tweak it and add/subtract to the piece so that it wouldn't just sound like the everyday remix.

it's well done, but i know it has the potential to improve

• 1 year later...
This was kind of BLAH...

Hahaha! Thank God we banned this douche. :lol:

Excellent, relaxing piece. The main woodwind lacks realism, but the rest of the this was put together nicely.

Pretty sweet that we followed up CV2 "Cursed Bloodline" with this. It's a fun contrast. Because, you know, "we're biased against all genres", and all that.

• 9 months later...

wow, epic collab here, very emotive work, and the delicate backing track is a perfect fit with Karl's piano skills. I agree with Larry that the woodwind lead is a little too computerized, but overall, this mix gets top marks for setting a mood and drawing the listener in. A really nice new age sound that is both relaxing and inspiring.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01318 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Symphonic Ballade"
  • 1 year later...

This is one of my favorite mixes of the Ballad of the Wind Fish, and the competition is fierce. The somnolent atmosphere delicately propels the dream-like tale of the piece, bringing together the mystique and gentle sorrow that is the story of Link's Awakening. It is a quiet, drifting triumph, and a joy to have in my collection. Well done indeed.