The Dragon's Tale - Breath of Fire I&II Album Project (Recruiting and first WIP 09/10/11)

Whoah! No way man. I hate drugs.

It must be NZ slang. It means to play guitar or any instrument outside stores.

People give money if you play well. Wow.

I've never heard that response before, scared me heavily. Heh

okay. well, I live in a rural area, so there aren't that many street corners to play on. Also, people will just look at you, listen for a while, then pass on.

Sorry about the drug comment, heh. It just goes to show how I'm ready to expect anything from anyone I don't know too well...

Back on topic: Do you have any ideas for the lyrics, based off of Daisy's death scene?

EDIT: Just realized that the echo you were talking about was the delay- it has a bad habit of remembering whatever it was applying it's effect to, so if it is stopped abruptly, it replays this memory delay back into the playback- even during song rendering.

other than that, the delay's fine

Alright, Callum, we have two ways to look at this song:

One is from the perspective of Daisy, right before she dies. In this case, we would need a female vocalist.

The other is the Rands point of view, looking back in retrospect.

Or we could combine them. Your pick.

Hey guys!

I just wanna say to try and keep the small talk down in here, I know mods aren't too keen on it. I don't wanna seem like a jerk or like I'm squashing your fun but I also don't want to get this closed down. So yeah, sorry guys and good luck, sound pretty awesome. I'm going to finalize my story tomorrow and also start issuing deadlines! So keep your eyes pealed. I'm also going to start doing some heavy recruiting once I have everything solid!

So yeah. Exchange info or something so you can really get the time to to talk to eachother on an instant message service or something. It really would help to benefit the discussion and flow of creativity anyway.

-Brian

Exchange info or something so you can really get the time to to talk to eachother on an instant message service or something. It really would help to benefit the discussion and flow of creativity anyway.

See three or so posts down

I'm also going to start doing some heavy recruiting once I have everything solid!

Awesome

I don't wanna seem like a jerk or like I'm squashing your fun but I also don't want to get this closed down.

You're not sounding like a jerk. I noted on this about three or four posts ago.

So, when you get your story idea finalized, are you going to post it in the first post, or would you instead PM it to all active members of this project? (Which wouldn't officially mean me yet...)

Can't wait!

Whoah! No way man. I hate drugs.

It must be NZ slang. It means to play guitar or any instrument outside stores.

People give money if you play well. Wow.

I've never heard that response before, scared me heavily. Heh

busking isn't a slang word. it's just not one that shinny's heard before, apparently. it's pretty popular in NYC and other metropolitan areas.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I took out the idea of having an overarching "theme" because it just seemed to be kind of a stretch and especially since I took it from the 4th game. though I think it was a good idea, it doesn't work in the context. I'm going to start talking to a lot of people try to get more interest in this, though, I am very pleased with the 1000+ views this has garnered so that's good news, right? Also I want to point of that OLRemix's monthly competition, OLRmegeddon, is using "Breath of Fire" as this months theme. You can read all the details here: OLRmegeddon L - July 2011 So it's a great way to just dick around and get familiar with your track! :D definitely take a look gais! OLRemix is a great site and needs more attention anyway because I love what it stands for! So do it for the lulz!

BIG BIG BIG BIG NEWS

And also! I'm going to make Sep. 10th the first WIP date! It's time to have one and it is kind of far out to leave wiggle room for more people to join and not feel overwhelmed!

GET TO IT!

BIG BIG BIG BIG NEWS

And also! I'm going to make Sep. 10th the first WIP date! It's time to have one and it is kind of far out to leave wiggle room for more people to join and not feel overwhelmed!

GET TO IT!

Dammit, Brian! Did you HAVE to set it so far away? I procrastinate like hell the further away a deadline is...

Meh, I'm just pulling your leg :-D

You should look on http://www.dragon-tear.net/ if you haven't already for lots of resources about BOF if you haven't already.

Also this:

9TR7G.png

Yes I know, it looks horribly slapped together (and it is :-?). Someone can probably make something better (the subtitle looks horrible .. really)

Sources:

http://xcbdh.deviantart.com/art/Breath-of-Fire-2-Poster-45924219

http://www.jap-sai.com/Games/Breath_of_Fire/Breath_of_Fire.htm

You should look on http://www.dragon-tear.net/ if you haven't already for lots of resources about BOF if you haven't already.

Also this:

9TR7G.png

Yes I know, it looks horribly slapped together (and it is :-?). Someone can probably make something better (the subtitle looks horrible .. really)

Sources:

http://xcbdh.deviantart.com/art/Breath-of-Fire-2-Poster-45924219

http://www.jap-sai.com/Games/Breath_of_Fire/Breath_of_Fire.htm

HOLY HELL.

That's amazing. Sweet work. You sir just won the award for badass of the month.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And no one said anything?

Well, I did. Just now :-D

Ok, so Tuberz and I need to tighten up the WiP and float that Shimmy's way.

Meanwhile I need to get off my ass and finally do a mix that I thought I was going to do. (AKA I haven't even started yet...)

EDIT: and why was the deadline the 10th? Because the next day was the, uh, erm, you know, day...

And yeah, Trolysis (You don't mind me givin' you a nickname right?) and I have to show you our track.

Don't mind.

Also, I need to receive a zip of the individual recording tracks, because I want to work on the drum track, and if the original drum track is mixed in, I can't remove it or anything...

:-D The project is a rollin' on!

(Also, I might wanna do a a capella mix... hmmm that will be hard though by myself)

EDIT: In regards to:

(Also, I might wanna do a a capella mix... hmmm that will be hard though by myself)
I think I might do a piece on The Flower, not sure though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...