[EDM] - ON - free EP

Kanjika

What's up? It seems every few years I wander back to OCR to use the board to shamelessly plug my newest project!

Really, It's nice to get feedback from a totally unbiased group of musicians, and I just want anyone who likes music to hear mine. Recently relocated to Los Angeles and fell in love with dance music again after being involved in very different stuff for years. A few hundred loud, isolated, fucked up hours later I have this collection of songs sitting in front of me.

soundcloud.com/warezd

DL link is in the about section if you like. I look forward to melting your face.

i've only had a chance to listen through once, but i'm really digging all of this. great mix of dirty sounds and crisp overall production. the writing is great, too - lots of huge grooves and good melodic content. nice going, dude! what programs are you using?

Thanks for the good words. Everything was done entirely in FL. The big brosteppy basslines are obviously NI Massive, but pretty much everything else melodic is saw / sine waves from 3xOSC and other bare bones sutbtractive synthesizers. The rest is all sampled from something.

I've got a fresh batch of cookies for anyone who can tell me what songs or content some of these tracks contain.

amazing sound quality!

What are your mastering secrets?

I liked Ride the Boogie the best, then 02, the rest were okay but not really my style.

Can you tell me exactly the name of all the presets and mixing effects you used on track 1?

Thanks. I am honestly not gonna delve into how I mastered Ride the Boogie in this thread as I don't wanna be the one to give everyone instructions on how to turn their beautiful waveforms into bricks for loudness war weapons. You can PM me if you want to chat about it as I could still go on forever.

Thanks. I am honestly not gonna delve into how I mastered Ride the Boogie in this thread as I don't wanna be the one to give everyone instructions on how to turn their beautiful waveforms into bricks for loudness war weapons. You can PM me if you want to chat about it as I could still go on forever.

For me its more like turning my loud brick war weapons into beautiful waveforms:-D

Thanks for the good words. Everything was done entirely in FL. The big brosteppy basslines are obviously NI Massive, but pretty much everything else melodic is saw / sine waves from 3xOSC and other bare bones sutbtractive synthesizers. The rest is all sampled from something.

I've got a fresh batch of cookies for anyone who can tell me what songs or content some of these tracks contain.

right on, thanks for the info. i'm hoping to pick up massive soon actually, really looking forward to messing around with it.

off the top of my head i know i definitely heard a couple samples from the original sonic trilogy on genesis (ring pick-ups, level clears, stuff like that) and i think i heard navi's "hey!" from ocarina of time. not sure on a lot of the other ones, though. really cool usages, though.