Soul Calibur V

Game is so so so sweet.

Thanks a lot to zircon and Jill for what is definitely the best OST of any soulcalibur game to date. I think you have done Elysium's theme, which other themes have you guys specifically worked on ?

If some of you are up for online, let me know and we'll set some shit up.

PSN: ZeroPrism

Glad you're liking it! I forget my PSN thing but I think it's zirconst.. will have to double check next time I'm on. I did the Natsu and Zwei stage themes (as well as Elysium like you said), plus the intro cinematic that plays after the first 10 seconds or so. The one where Sieg fights Nightmare and wins. I also did the character creation music, so sorry in advance if you hear it 5000 times :< Jill co-wrote the end credits and also performed on one of the story mode cinematics.

Just played my first online set, with anosou. I don't know how his connection was, but mine felt really good -- this is easily the best netcode of any fighter I have ever played.

What custom characters have you guys made, btw? I've got Lightning (Leixia), Samus Aran (Ivy), Motoko Kusanagi (Devil Jin), and Capt. Blood, a living pirate Cervantes.

Glad you're liking it! I forget my PSN thing but I think it's zirconst.. will have to double check next time I'm on. I did the Natsu and Zwei stage themes (as well as Elysium like you said), plus the intro cinematic that plays after the first 10 seconds or so. The one where Sieg fights Nightmare and wins. I also did the character creation music, so sorry in advance if you hear it 5000 times :< Jill co-wrote the end credits and also performed on one of the story mode cinematics.

Oh yeah I had noticed a song towards the end of the story mode (which was unfortunately pretty lol) with soaring soprano sweetness and I figured it must have been Jill. I am very impressed with the level of quality of this OST, it seems to be energetic enough to pump you up while at the same time remaining beautifully melodic with rich textures. If I hadn't stopped playing the guitar, I would definitely have liked to remix this :)

Just played my first online set, with anosou. I don't know how his connection was, but mine felt really good -- this is easily the best netcode of any fighter I have ever played.

What custom characters have you guys made, btw? I've got Lightning (Leixia), Samus Aran (Ivy), Motoko Kusanagi (Devil Jin), and Capt. Blood, a living pirate Cervantes.

Yeah the netcode is outstanding. It's a shame that ya'll are playing on XBOX though, I would have liked to play OCR peeps.

For custom characters I'm waiting until I unlock all the CAS shit. It's pretty long in this game.

I'm a fighting game nut and picked this one up on day one. Nice job to the Aversas by the way that made it worth me getting a collector's edition for once.

After blasting 30 min working on Just Guard alone I'm happy to say that I'm getting the timing of it down pretty well. Don't bother JG'ing the first move in a string. With all of the button mashers on right now it's far easier to block the first move and memorize the rest of the string for some easy JG'ing.

For created characters I made: A catchick. And that's about it right now.

Talim better be freaking unlockable. Old Talim too. I got really really REALLY pissed when i unlocked Kilik and saw that he was just an Edgemaster variant.

So far, I'm really digging it. The characters feel more balanced this time around, the netcode just seems to be a lot better as a whole, the new meter system adds in a nice refreshing change while not stepping to outside the 'core' of what I expect in a soul calibur game.

Also, easily my favorite from a soundtrack perspective this time around, awesome work to all involved.

My only complaint is that after finishing the story mode and playing a lot of vs matches, The character creator seems really lacking in the equipment department, not sure if I just need to play more or what - but I remember 3 and 4 having a *lot* more options.

My only complaint is that after finishing the story mode and playing a lot of vs matches, The character creator seems really lacking in the equipment department, not sure if I just need to play more or what - but I remember 3 and 4 having a *lot* more options.

From what I hear, CaS only has about 65% unlocked right off the bat. You'll stop unlocking stuff for it when you hit lvl 50 according to the strategy guide. There's quite a bit to unlock while leveling up.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this a good deal working on my skills. I've been doing mostly quickplay to get the titles, and just have a few of the higher A ranked ones defeat, some of which are completely brutal, especially the alpha Patroklos ones. Whew! Online is fun, and I've made several custom characters that are pretty sweet, including several past and present OCR judges. Now I can finally battle Deia and DJ Zircon!

Also, if anyone is up for some xbox live battles, let me know, and we can throw down! :D

Been playing this a good deal working on my skills. I've been doing mostly quickplay to get the titles, and just have a few of the higher A ranked ones defeat, some of which are completely brutal, especially the alpha Patroklos ones. Whew! Online is fun, and I've made several custom characters that are pretty sweet, including several past and present OCR judges. Now I can finally battle Deia and DJ Zircon!

Also, if anyone is up for some xbox live battles, let me know, and we can throw down! :D

Fight me.

...on a day that's not today because...ya'know.

OCR Soul Cali V tournament IMHO.

Are we passing around gamer ID's for this one?

You don't make friends playing fighting games... and i've lost several through them.

I've unlocked a couple of chars but i still don't see a tonfa character. (Talim back would be perfectly fine too :) )

I'm also a little disappointed with Xiba. Kilik was my main in IV and you just can't take a guy seriously when he uses his gootch (dare i say) for bow leverage when striking.

Right now I am learning Xiba, Maxi and Leixia. PM me if you want to have at it.

a tournament would be pretty sweet. Is it possible to have people watch matches that are going on if they are in the same fighting room?

Not only can you see other people fight, you can text-chat in a lobby with all of the other spectators. It's the best online system ever made for a fighter.

XBL: MasterTenor -- hit me up anytime.

I just had a breakthrough with the Just Guard timing.

Oddly enough it's extremely easy to pull off once you find that small moment right before the actual impact to press and release. If you do the just 2 move strings with alpha patroklos it's the same timing only instead of just pressing you have to press and release.

Now I just have to work on pulling it off while dealing with lag in online mode.

Still no Talim.

I've got a day off coming up finally. If i'm not working on music and anyone wants a couple of rounds at me my xbl is Gar1283.