OCR02238 - Final Fantasy IV "Path of Deception"

Ugh... I'll be entirely honest: I hated just about the entire FFIV OC album. None of the ReMixes really seemed to do much justice to Uematsu-san's work (Even Golbez 'n Goblin's was hard to warm up to). But this song... It's... interesting. I don't believe it did much honor to the original, but... It just has a certain flavor that does sound pretty nice. And the vocals did a nice job of spicing things up. Overall, I'd say it's worth downloading.

A new mix by bLiNd? Definitely gotta check it out!

I have to agree with DJP, this definitely has Orbital's Halcyon + On + On vibe to it, only with 21st century production quality. Everything about this mix is top notch. I think if the judges take Rayza's comment about setting the bar for progressive trance to heart, we will be seeing a lot of NOs in the future.

Still, bLiNd is my OCR Linkin Park - still making great music, but somehow lacking that je ne sais quoi, that catchy quality of his earlier works. Perhaps source choices are to blame?

Never mind. This is an awesome remix and a must-have. If you haven't already, download it now!

• 3 weeks later...

Love it. The reversed female vocals really caught my attention and being backed up by a smooth progressive theme isn't bad either. I really liked that it varies the sound throughout the track so that it doesn't become stale or anything like that. Great work.

This mix is certainly an acquired taste. I wasn't sure whether I liked the chopped up female vocals or not. It took me an entire listen to decide upon this. urthermore I kept straining myself to hear the melody from the original source. It was there... but it was faint.

However, once I distanced myself from that and relistened, I found myself really enjoying the mix. It is unique, catchy, and switched things up enough so not to get too stale.

• 6 months later...

The ethereal nature of the source is brought out in a greater way somehow in this song, partly due to the vocals, It really remains interesting with how it's built throughout - it similarly intrigues me that Jordan keeps pumping these songs out at a high level. I think there's even room for this to become bigger with how it goes on near the end, which is just amazing - it almost feels too short! It's easily a top notch track from the FF4 album, and you really gotta be happy that Jordan did 3 tracks for it :) .

I do enjoy this mix; as Baha said above, it does accurately portray the ethereal nature of the source. I also feel it captures the whole "this is basically an interdimensional tunnel between the human realm and that of the Eidolons; also look out the floor is lava" feeling well. Namely with the vocal samples.

Another phenomenal song, bLiNd! :3

So, where do I start?

Beautifully mixed. From beginning to end you are captivated by the melodies.

The delay on the vocals(?) in the back makes the melodic spectrum all the more full.

I truly enjoy listening to this mix. It was always a more obscure source tune to me.

bLiNd did an EXCELLENT job with this source. And when 2:56 comes around, even I can't stop bobbing my head.

• 1 month later...

If I were to ever compile a CD of my favourite songs of all time (an undertaking I'd never actually dare to do as it would take me months to narrow down the list) this song would definitely make it. This has got to be my favourite song by bLiNd which is saying quite a lot. Burning Vigil, Dodge This Sakura, and Jade Catacombs have come close to stealing first place but nothing beats those chopped up female vocals and the envelloping bass.

• 3 years later...

Sweet drum loop. The vocals are a bit omnipresent for my taste (cool use at the end though), but it's minor. I really like how this song retains the mystical vibe of the source while still being a dancefloor track. The balance is seriously sweet. 3:19 was a nice touch and the track's mixing is stellar too. Excellent stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02238 - Final Fantasy IV "Path of Deception"