OCR01322 - Metal Gear Solid "Legend of the Snake"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

when heard the original theme the first in the xbox game mgs2 subst.,

i thought, that this is unremixable, cause it was so excelently composed by Harry Gregson-Williams.

so i was wrong. you gave 'em more "gear".

this track is really worth to stant for the one and only

solid snake, the son of big boss 8)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I simply want to congratulate Reuben Kee for his work:

I am a hardcore MGS fan and have absolutely everything that has to do with MGS in my collection.

THIS remix is finely crafted and heroic like the originals but with this oriantal touch I relive it a in a whole new way.

Thanks for your great masterpiece,

seraphia

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Simpilly incredible. Nothing like it ever before. This is now officially my favorite piece on this site. And that includes 'metal gear may cry', your other piece, 'ascention to cosmo canyon', 'fire cross', and 'walk on water' And that makes you my new favorite mixer. I have no way to express how much I appreciate how good you have made your music. Thank you.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A very emotive opening with piano and panflutes + massive drums, that leads into the main Metal Gear Solid melody, and then all kinds of great stuff happens. Tempo changes, all kinds of orchestral and ethnic instruments, and spectacular string builds. This piece is both exciting and dramatic, and intimate and personal. I'd love to know what samplebank all these great ethnic instrument winds are from, they sound fantastic. Finish it off with a solid ending, and it's a very strong piece that goes even better when paired with it's sister work, "Part 2".

Recommended.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01322 - Metal Gear Solid "Legend of the Snake"
  • 2 years later...

15 Years later, and this amazing work is still on my go-to playlist, basically a pivotal piece in the soundtrack of my life. I remember the day the news broke of the boating incident, when we were all crushed, that served as a constant reminder that each day is to be lived to the fullest. Now, my children enjoy these amazing tracks with me and boy, do I have stories to tell them of the way these games were embedded in the lessons I've learned, and how different the times were when my generation grew up compared to what we are going through because of the COVID-19 outbreak. Needless to say, they are enjoying (most of) these games in the same way too. Cheers.

Edited by oldgamer
additions