From Robot to Mecha (Robo Arena - Level 1) [Finished!]

pixelwave

Game: Robot Arena (iPad/iPhone)

Song: Robot Arena Main Theme

Composer: Bravado Waffle Studios

Source

Remix

Hello, everyone!

This track is almost done, I think. I am thinking of adding some strings or voices at 2:16, just to fill it up a bit more. Dunno yet. Anyhoo, feedback, criticism, comments, ideas... Those are all welcome. :]

At 2:15 the drum line is hard to hear over the bid synth that comes in. You should make space for the drums by cutting frequencies in the synth that are interfering with what the kick and snare are doing.

Also, theres a technique called compressor side chaining thats good for this type of music. Don't much about it personally but you should look into it because it will help to keep the beat clear in the mix.

At 2:15 the drum line is hard to hear over the bid synth that comes in. You should make space for the drums by cutting frequencies in the synth that are interfering with what the kick and snare are doing.

Also, theres a technique called compressor side chaining thats good for this type of music. Don't much about it personally but you should look into it because it will help to keep the beat clear in the mix.

I'm aware of sidechaining, but I'm fairly new to it. Do you mean sidechain the synth lead with the beat?

I'm aware of sidechaining, but I'm fairly new to it. Do you mean sidechain the synth lead with the beat?

Yeah, so the lead is compressed everytime the beat comes in. I'm assuming that should make things sound better but as I said, I don't know much about it :).

Yeah, so the lead is compressed everytime the beat comes in. I'm assuming that should make things sound better but as I said, I don't know much about it :).

Cool, thanks. I'll play around with it, see if I can come up with anything interesting or, er, better-sounding!