PRC194 - Turtles In The Winter

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 194

PRCv8-12

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Showroom Dummy won PRC193, he was the only participant. He selected the source for this PRC, a source which is related to the source of PRC186.

Showroom Dummy selected the source for this round:

Sorry for late!

For this one I pick the snow stage from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.

I hope there is youtube or mp3 of the original because the midi does not give justice. I hope all like the tune, I played this game a lot as a kid.

PRC194.jpg

TMNT2 (NES) - Snow Stage

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

MID File

Thanks for the Youtube movies.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY MAY 23th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of PRC193, Showroom Dummy, can't take part, but his vote counts twice. He's also allowed to submit a bonus mix.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

It looks like ThaSauce still didn't fix that bug. I reported it, but it's still not fixed.

Try (insted of clicking 'Log in to submit an Entry') to click at the top of the page on the right side on 'You are not logged in'. Most likely you see a screen where you can enter a user name and a password, there must be a register button as well. I hope that works, otherwhise I'll upload the song myself. You are in for sure.

If anyone else has problems, it's OK to post a download link to your song in this topic.

Thanks for posting, of course your song is in.

Some surprise events popped up this week that made it a bit more difficult to work on this. I also spent way too much time looking for guitar VST instruments. :tomatoface:

I'll sub something within the next 14 hours, but it won't be a finished product. It'll be on par with my other compo stuff, though. :<

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 3 entries are submitted.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote. They only have to fill in the first two boxes, leave the third box empty (or fill in yourself, I'll fix that with the bonus points).

Showroom Dummy's vote (if he votes) counts twice.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, May 25th at 9:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC195.

Important: when you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

The songs:

Toilet Goat - Snow Stage

Marcusg - Snow Sucks

Chroxic - Snow'n Shit

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 5

Maximum Score - 18.

Chroxic didn't have enough time to finish his song. He gets the last place wooden spoon with 8 points.

Marcusg din't have much time as well, but he could finish his song far enough to avoid receiving the last place wooden spoon. He gets 14 points and second place.

And the winner of PRC194 by unanimous decision is Toilet Goat with the maximum 18 points!

Congratulations Toilet Goat. It's a good start. I'm very happy with the turnout of the round, it's been a while ago since we had three songs. Keep it up next time.

Toilet Goat, you may select the next source, for PRC195. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer PM @Ocremix)

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).