OCR02241 - Final Fantasy VIII "SeeK"

An awesome new rock-mix... and WOAH wait a minute... norg AND Snapple!!?? Holy Crap.... *head explodes*

This track is awesome on so many levels it's hard for me to describe it! I've been waiting for a new rock-out mix to be posted and my patience has finally been rewarded! Excellent work Lastair on the arrangement and awesome guitar work from norg and Snapple!! This is going on my zune for sure so I can rock out in the car!!

Yay.

This song has been in the works for a LONG TIME! Happy to know you finally got it all done Lastair! Some really awesome arrangement on the FF8 source tunes. Well thought-out... Good planning, and utilization of your resources.

Thank you to Snappleman and norg for playing this for him, it's cool guys like you who get the job done for us non-instrument players *_*

Really cool soloing all over this!

Wow. All these people saying how great FF8's soundtrack and I could never find a song I liked on it....except for "Attack on Dolet". You guys have managed to create an incredible song that I'm sure I'll be listening for a long, long time.

Except I only have 1 megabyte left on my 16Gig MP3 player. I'm sure I can find something to take off.

Hi everyone! Thanks for the feedback. Most if not all the credit should go to Lastiar for this one. It was all his arrangement, and he even wrote all of my parts, I just took an hour out to record them and that's it. This song was actually completed a few years ago, and for some reason Lastair sat on it till now, so I'm glad it's finally up and done. Good work!

This is why i love ocremix, for exposing me to new sounds...

I looked up what a chapman stick was...and

then I found this song called One Cloud....

and then I read in the comments someone citing some similarities to someone named Michael Hedges...

..and then I listened to Michael Hedges.

It's been a rough day. Thankyou, OCR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of my favourite tracks in VIII, and not only mixed together but interwoven. Even the Oath, which is lower in the pecking order for my VIII track preferences, works perfectly in this mix. The switching between segments (and styles) is rapid, but seamless. A masterpiece, and probably my new favourite VIII OC ReMix.

I am in heaven.

• 1 month later...

I always loved the FF8 soundtrack. Perhaps because I listen to a good deal of prog rock/metal--and because I played through ff8 2 more times than any others in the series (0)--I think it fits the genre very well. My only gripe is that some elements have a subdued timbre that just doesn't satisfy like the live instruments. The strings in the beginning are especially hard to listen to, but the problem is mitigated by the constant presence of louder, more present parts. I could complain about the acoustic white noise generating cymbals(and at 128kbps...ew), but that's just my own personal beef and pertains to much more than this song.

Overall, the arrangement makes me all kinds of happy and I look forward to giving it a proper listen when my ears aren't muffled by my present congestion. Very good piece. Love the source, love the genre. Hope to hear more from this Lastair.

• 3 months later...

Something about the samples don't sound quite right to me - I'm not sure what it is though, and perhaps someone else more knowledgeable here identified it & suggested a fix already. It lacks a large spatial sense you get from orchestration though, and I think if that were improved, this song would sound stronger. It also gets drowned later on when the guitars & keys really come out, so the mixing could be done better there. The ending is a bit weak too.

The arrangement seems pretty solid, but the production issues detracts from it somewhat here. There is no sense of boredom from the song's progression, with it flowing quite smoothly.

A good effort overall!

As a big fan of FF VIII, this mix feels great to me.

The guitars are balls out pure aggression. It's not like the sort of thing you'd get from... say... Level 99.

Parts of this seem unrehearsed and quite raw. Which is perfect to add to the aggressive sound.

The synths at parts are great and not overused too. It's the breakdown from the guitars that adds contrast.

I really enjoy this mix. Have ever since it was released. 'Nuff said.

Plus 2:30 DAT SECTION

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02241 - Final Fantasy VIII "SeeK"