Mega Man 2 Wily Stage

This is pretty cool, although very conservative.

I don't like the intro (the alternating kick and bass). I think you should work on it in any that would make it sound more interesting (automated filters, for example. Anything that you think would sound cool).

Everything sounds pretty unclear, especially past 0:30. You should consider cutting some of your reverb, EQing and panning your tracks, checking the levels, etc.

This is pretty short to comment on the arrangement, but like I said it's pretty conservative. There are some neat ideas in there, though, so I'd like to hear an extended version of this :)

Oh and I don't think it's weird, by the way! I like what you did :)

Keep it up!

EDIT: I really like 0:50 onwards. I'd love to hear more stuff like that ;)

I listened to this last week but just now posting even though the link doesn't seem to be working. I really like where this mix is going. I kind of liked the "weird" intro for some reason, though I can see why others would have problems with it. Perhaps making it more like the rest of the song (as CJ stated) would help out. I'd also love to hear an extended version of this as well.

Man, I LOVE all of your sounds, except for one of them. That sound that comes in at 2:10 is way off in my opinion. I really don't like it as it is. Maybe a few effects could fix this, or even use a different synth, but I'm 100% positive about the fact that you should do something about it. (If you like it this way though, please disregard my advice :) )

The pads you added = epic awesomeness.

The ending sounds awkward to me. Might just be personal taste though.

I'm not sure copy-pasting a whole minute of your remix is a good idea if you intend to submit this.

Take this with a pinch of salt ;)

thanks for the reply, I'll look in to the matters once again when I got the time, and yes, that ending is something stupid now that I listen it again ... :P and that 2:10 sound sounds to me like its from megaman 3 intro, so I sticked to it, though maybe I should change it too ... moar opinions needed :)

I really like this mix. My only comment would be similar to DaMonz in that the last minute or so is a copy-paste of the earlier part. I think you could just cut the buildup at 3:29. Maybe even cut 3:29 all the way to 3:49ish and just get right to the meat. There are several buildups in the mix and at that point I feel like "oh I heard this buildup earlier." Just a thought. Also take this with a grain of salt.

I really like this mix. My only comment would be similar to DaMonz in that the last minute or so is a copy-paste of the earlier part. I think you could just cut the buildup at 3:29. Maybe even cut 3:29 all the way to 3:49ish and just get right to the meat. There are several buildups in the mix and at that point I feel like "oh I heard this buildup earlier." Just a thought. Also take this with a grain of salt.

I just cutted the loop thingie away from my recent version, and yeah maybe its still too repetive

• 1 month later...

Hmm...is the high high HIGH shelf on the master track being reduced? Cause I'm not hearing anything above 12k.

I can hear clipping on the piano section at 2:25. That section itself doesn't feel like it fits after what just came before it in the song, which makes that section kind of a jerk out of the flow. It might be because of the piano/bass pairing, so consider a smoother transition to the piano from the dropout. The section itself is great after it builds but then the song kind of just...stops. This song definitely needs a real ending.

Production-wise this sounds okay besides that weird no-superhighs thing, and the source usage sounds up to par to me. Fine-tweaking aspects of the arrangement such as transitions and stereo interplay (some of those arps and lead patterns would sound great with panning and/or glitch effects) will tighten this up, along with making a real ending. Its close but you've still got a little work to do.