Xbox 360's New Discs and Bricks!!

Brushfire

Microsoft's Major Nelson has confirmed that the firmware update that is causing disc read errors is in fact not related to the May 19 mandatory firmware update, but a previous update. Therefore, if you haven't been affected by the error yet, chances are you won't be as the new format has been through "rigorous tests" and MS has seen no known compatibility issues.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712745/xbox-360-update-bricks-consoles-microsoft-sending-new-consoles-to-those-affected/#ixzz1MllncklR

False alarm! When I first read the article, I was kind of hoping that my 360 was bricked to get a new shiny one. But then I remembered that I might be out of a lot of save games and I don't want that.

Still it is more related to the discs, not the 360 itself. So go buy a new 360 game and hope for the shiny new one?

No, it's related to a previous firmware update which Major Nelson pointed out. The original story told that it was a new update (released today, May 19), which allows the 360 to access 1GB of space on the discs was messing up systems, when that was not the case.

The previous update may cause your system not to read discs, but it has nothing to do with the discs themselves.

It was just a poorly researched article that many game sites just copied paste from each other.

No, it's related to a previous firmware update which Major Nelson pointed out. The original story told that it was a new update (released today, May 19), which allows the 360 to access 1GB of space on the discs was messing up systems, when that was not the case.

The previous update may cause your system not to read discs, but it has nothing to do with the discs themselves.

It was just a poorly researched article that many game sites just copied paste from each other.

Why must you always knee me in the nads.?

:<