OCR02242 - Final Fantasy XIII "Blue Skies"

SO GOOD.

This songs makes me wanna float up to the sky. You always have that grand ethereal feel in all of your electronica, and son, i am not disappoint.

And that DUBSTEP bridge with the vox glitching! Man, bLiNd, you handle that girl's voice LIKE A BOSS.

I've never heard dubstep so grand and airy before. You definitely did a good job blending DnB and dubstep.

To be perfectly honest, dubstep should be better suited as an element of music (like it is here) rather than a genre of music, but that's just my personal taste. You did a great job and you certainly threw down teh wubwubz without fail.

Edited by Neblix

How dare there be lyrics in an arrangement of a song with lyrics! Definitely worthy of SuperGiantDespiseItalics! :lol:

Damn Larry, are you like the lyrics nazi? How about this:

I thought the lyrics in this song were the best lyrics I've ever heard in a song period. Best. Ever. In the history of the world. Not even God's angels could have done this track justice the way bLind and Ashleigh did.

Does that make you happy? :grin:

In all seriousness, this track is awesome, in every way.

From all the feedback it seems there is a pretty fair amount of people that don't like dubstep at all. Honestly I don't either too much, that's why I toned down the dubstep feel in the track. I REALLY do not like skrillex at all. His music is too grating. But, I do like some bass sounds of dubstep because they are close to the electro house basses in the remixes I have been producing this past 2 years. Anyway, I tried to give this song a beautiful charm and keep the dubstep as an element instead of a genre because I tend to agree with a lot of you about the style plus it keeps drum n bass interesting if you use it as the climax of the track...

• 1 month later...

There's just one word for this: professional. That's what it sounds like.

Pretty much the best thing to come out of OCR in the last few months IMO. Awesome beats, and the vocals...man, the vocals. More of that, please.

Absolutely amazing. I haven't been able to get it out of my head for about a week now (mostly due to the vocals).

Edited by Martin Penwald

• 4 months later...

I remember seeing someone on the OCR Facebook group post a comment that one of the best new songs on the site is this one, so I definitely have been looking forward to it. The source is one of the more notable ones from the FF13 OST, and Jordan doesn't aim small, as expected. Lots of processing effects are used throughout the song to help keep things fresh and add more of a dancing feel. The vocals are done perfectly for the trance/drum & bass style. The song doesn't rub off as a cheap beat thrown on top of a source that is tempting for others to do out of laziness either. Jordan is just phenomenal at his craft and this is just one more song out of a long lineage of only the best electronic video game mixes.

I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy XIII's soundtrack. This is a daring interpretation of Will To Fight.

This is one of my favourite tracks on the OST, and now it has an OCR to help it be more awesome.

Those vocals are great, much more warm than the original.

And of course the instrumentation is different.

Come 1:30, I instantly fell in love. It's incredible. Nothing more. Nothing less.

END OF STO-

But I haven't talked about the section starting at 2:13. And why?

Because it's great. We don't need to talk about it. We all know it's good.

• 2 months later...

bLiNd, the dubstep is awesome. This song made me appreciate dubstep as a musical element. Before I listened to this song, I disliked all dubstep, but you've proven dubstep is downright FUNicular when you use it as a musical element rather than the entirety of the track.

Beautiful balance. It's been keeping me entertained for ages.

• 2 months later...

Holy crap! I saw drum and bass in the write up, and I wasn't expecting something beautiful like this. The vocals are wonderful, Ashleigh has an amazing voice. I really liked the use of effects on the vocals about halfway in, and of course bLiNd's mixing is masterful. Very nice.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02242 - Final Fantasy XIII "Blue Skies"