E3 2011 OC ReMix Community Meet

Peach

We all have exhibits we want to visit during our stay at the expo, but it would be cool to have a chance to meet others in the game industry who are also part of the OverClocked ReMix commmunity.

Meeting a particular booth or place of interest could be the most reliable approach. Most likely, not everyone would be able to meet at the same time, so perhaps methods of contact would be practical.

If you own the new 3DS, this could be a nice opportunity to get some StreetPasses or play a multiplayer game when needing a break from all the running around from booth to booth for the new products.

So what do you think?

(People call me Peach in the OCR community and in many other places, but I'll be going to E3 as Mathew Kirkegaard. Feel free to say hi if you see me!)

It was a dream of mine when I was younger, too. I understand that only those in the game industry (or connected to it) can attend...

My friend Kevin managed to get into E3 1998 or 1999 (can't remember which one exactly, but it was definitely before 2000), as he used his fathers business to get passes. I was invited to go with him, but because I had no money at the time and my parents (mostly my father) thought it was a waste of money and time and I wasn't going to get anything out of it... well, Kevin came back with photos of a 5-star hotel room, bags of free stuff, a few free games and several stories about people he met and demos he played.

So yeah, I'm not bitter at all.

My friend Kevin managed to get into E3 1998 or 1999 (can't remember which one exactly, but it was definitely before 2000), as he used his fathers business to get passes. I was invited to go with him, but because I had no money at the time and my parents (mostly my father) thought it was a waste of money and time and I wasn't going to get anything out of it... well, Kevin came back with photos of a 5-star hotel room, bags of free stuff, a few free games and several stories about people he met and demos he played.

So yeah, I'm not bitter at all.

I'm sorry it was like that.... Well, I don't recall any free games last year; but then again, I wasn't looking for any... How I'm attending is because I live about 60 miles from the event and I have a degree in game design.

I will not be coming due to being poor and the fact E3 is in ... california? and im like oh idk.. a hours train ride to london.

I'm an extremely sad panda right now ;-;

Hope you guys enjoy your trip to E3 meanwhile im going to summer of sonic next month in london.(don't judge me im a big sonic fan)

Excuse me i'm gonna weep in the corner so make some room guys.

I guess very few from our community will be going to E3. It seems to be a misconception that it costs a lot of money for those who are in the industry and have registered early enough. Those in the game industry who register early enough may not have to pay at all. However, it's way too late to register for that kind of pass now....

I guess very few from our community will be going to E3. It seems to be a misconception that it costs a lot of money for those who are in the industry and have registered early enough. Those in the game industry who register early enough may not have to pay at all. However, it's way too late to register for that kind of pass now....

I am attending as media, which is free. Saved myself $500 which all the other blokes have to pay.

I don't know if you care to say hi to me though. I'm pretty much a nobody around here. :)

I am attending as media, which is free. Saved myself $500 which all the other blokes have to pay.

I don't know if you care to say hi to me though. I'm pretty much a nobody around here. :)

Oh, cool! I'm pretty much a nobody here, too, although some may say otherwise. Well, chances are I'll be around the Nintendo area by default, but perhaps something more neutral would be a better place for OCR members to meet.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, not many people are actually attending E3, but if any of you E3 attendees are planning on seeing the Video Games Live show tomorrow you'll be sure to see me there. Anyone else going to the show?

I know there are at least two 'nobodies' that are at least around for E3, so perhaps we could, I dunno, meet up at this show? :P

I just got my tickets... I wasn't going to go but somehow I've suddenly convinced my dad to go with me lol