Streets of rage "Unh" sample?

CJthemusicdude

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a sample of that "unh" sound effect that happens in the streets of rage boss tune. I tried to sample it myself but the music kept getting in the way. :S

I'm also working on a SoR mix which requires many sounds from the game. Here's what I do, run the game via emulator, open any audio editing tool (I use sound forge) and record the sample as you play it from the options screen. I'm not sure if that "unh" sound is available individually.

If I complete my sounds set, I will share it with you.

You can isolate each sound channel in a Genesis chiptune through the playback plug-in's control panel. If you're playing the boss tune ('Attack the Barbarian') .vgz in WinAmp with the VGM plug-in, for example, go to 'File Info', go to 'Configure', and uncheck every sound channel except 'DAC'. Then record or export. BTW, I hate that the available file on this particular tune is incorrectly looped; one of these days I should fix it.