Castlevania (Haunted Castle Arcade) Clock Tower's Beat Remix (Stage 5)

Kamasenin

It sticks fairly close to the source. Try to incorporate some of your own composition into it as well, not just changing around some stuff.

I like your instrumentation, but production needs some work. Throughout it sounds very crowded. I'm not sure if it's just Youtube doing that or not (which brings me to suggest, use a file hosting website like tindeck or box.net next time :razz:)

The pad selection is interesting. It sounds weird at times, almost dissonant. But at other times it really fits in with the 'spooky' atmosphere quite well. Example: during the beginning and other parts like it, it sounds fine, but during parts like :14 and :21, it sounds kinda out of place.

I like that progression at 1:35, pretty jazzy :D

I like the percussion you have too and what you did with it. My main gripes about the mix include it's conservativeness and its production. Work on EQ a bit more, and instead of an abrupt cutoff ending, add some of your own material (creatively incorporating some source in there too, perhaps) and end it powerfully. :-D

Keep working on this one, and have fun with it :D

Mwahwhawah!! What can I say, this is like a very cool danceable halloween phantomix :twisted:

Boy, I LOVE this. Those moving pads are creepy (in a good way XD), that organ break's very tasty, the piano adds an incredible momentum, everything works pretty well in the arrangement.

I don't have a problem with crowdness or else about the mixing, but there's something about the sequencing I'm concerned about... The harmony almost doesn't change, and that makes the whole track feel a bit static. Organ break was a good try to change the texture, but I think it wasn't enough to add dynamics for the song. I think the constant use of pads throughout it could be a cause for this, but I'm also for some drum loop variations.

Production-wise, I think some sounds are at times loud due to distortion. It could be me but, otherwise, go easy on those effects a bit. Also, take unneeded frequencies away for a cleaner sound ;)

And talk about a short mix! This thing deserves some expansion dude, please do it! :grin: