Ninja Gaiden Vs Parasite Eve

So I have this insane idea to combine "The Masked Devil" from Ninja Gaiden and "Primal Eyes" from Parasite Eve. The clip I've posted so far doesn't have the parasite eve part though.....

See, I'm working on the intro. I want to fit Masked Devil and the main theme/guitar riff of primal eyes together. I'm not sure if it would work better with Primal Eyes and it's subtle riff kickin' off this tune, or if I should just keep the intro as it is.

Here's the intro so far

http://tindeck.com/listen/zoug

Here's the two source tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGWa4Zm0YDA

So far I'm thinkin' it may be better to start the song off with the intro of Primal Eyes, I could be wrong though.

This is a cool track, I do feel like the guitar is a little dirty and heavy and drowns out a lot of the other cool stuff you have going on. That and I want to hear more of it!

It's a great start please keep working on it!

This is Metal we're talkin lol

Seriously though, thanks. Yeah, I could probably back off the gain a bit. It is also a bit overpowering like you say. Hmm....I shall keep workin' on it.

Well, you've showcased the piano as a focal point to the track (at this point). When the guitar comes in it sounds a little haphazardly added. If you cut the piano (or switch it to a softer synth, or a less complex arrangement), the strong guitar would be more effective, but since the piano part remains intact and unchanged with its relatively strong synth, it just makes the guitars amp/effects really stick out, which is a more in depth analysis of my comment.

Is that Nexus you're using for the keyboard synth? It sounds like it, but I'm not entirely sure.

Don't get me wrong, metal needs a raw guitar sound, but what you're using right now sounds like it might be a little too much so. With that said, it -might- be something else. The effects on the guitar you're using is particularly grating at this point, almost to the point where on the roll off almost sounds detuned, and it could be for a variety of reasons unrelated to the gain. I'm not trying to rag on you or anything, or pick on you, I certainly hope it doesn't appear that way. I like the general direction you're moving in and if there's a song that needs the metal treatment it's this track.

It's a good start, a good intro. I can only imagine how cool it will sound once you start bringing in the lead with a cool rhythm part. This is a good build up, and I hope you keep working on it.

Well, you've showcased the piano as a focal point to the track (at this point). When the guitar comes in it sounds a little haphazardly added. If you cut the piano (or switch it to a softer synth, or a less complex arrangement), the strong guitar would be more effective, but since the piano part remains intact and unchanged with its relatively strong synth, it just makes the guitars amp/effects really stick out, which is a more in depth analysis of my comment.

Is that Nexus you're using for the keyboard synth? It sounds like it, but I'm not entirely sure.

Don't get me wrong, metal needs a raw guitar sound, but what you're using right now sounds like it might be a little too much so. With that said, it -might- be something else. The effects on the guitar you're using is particularly grating at this point, almost to the point where on the roll off almost sounds detuned, and it could be for a variety of reasons unrelated to the gain. I'm not trying to rag on you or anything, or pick on you, I certainly hope it doesn't appear that way. I like the general direction you're moving in and if there's a song that needs the metal treatment it's this track.

It's a good start, a good intro. I can only imagine how cool it will sound once you start bringing in the lead with a cool rhythm part. This is a good build up, and I hope you keep working on it.

I know you're not picking on me or anything lol. Where'd you get that idea?

I really appreciate the feedback and I think you've made great points. After playing around with it a bit, the source of the guitar problem seems to be too much gain and too many layers of guitars, and volume. However, I probably should note that I sort of just threw together the guitar parts rather quickly for this recording because I really wanted to hear it with guitar XD

Indeed the piano is Nexus.

I'll keep on workin' with this and I'll post an updated version asap.