Seiken Densetsu 3 Powell Remix

this is really interesting...there's a lot of stuff going on that i dig, but i think it wanders around a little. it might benefit from some general tightening up. the arrangement might also be a bit too liberal for this site at the moment (i could be wrong, though - i'm no expert on that). i can definitely hear the source material in the opening stuff and the use of the chord progression later, but it doesn't get super explicit until about 2:40.

but i think it's working well as a song - it feels natural and it's got a nice atmosphere and mood. i also really like a lot of the sound design, and the effects programming at around 1:30 and 4:40 is awesome. there's a lot of really good stuff to work with here.

Mostly nice sounds, but the louder drums sound distorted and noisy, and the 3:13 bell/string thing sounds terrible. The guitar underneath isn't that great either, but would probably work ok with a better lead.

The arrangement flows ok imo, there's just the 2:42 transition that bugs me and it's not _terrible_. The intro is quite long and cool, but the mood and effects don't make up for the lack or things happening melodically. Shortening it would benefit the track overall, I think, but there are ways to just make those parts more substantial instead. I can't hear the source at all until 1:33 where it's quite far i nthe background, then it comes in at 2:34 as very conservative. From 3:13 to 4:39 I can't hear any source either. Definitely too liberal atm, but if you'd get source into those long sections without it, you'd have a really cool remix here. I'd use the e-piano or add a flute to bring bits and pieces of the source into the track.

Loads of potential here, nice work.