PRC195 - Infiltration in A Metal Jungle (Snake's Revenge)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 195

PRCv8-13

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

We are already at the half of season 8!!

Toilet Goat decided to submit for the first time and it was a great succes. Two remixers tried to beat him, but they didn't find enough time to create something what's enough to even take one point away from Toilet Goat, who won by unanimous decision.

The source was send in fast, which allows me to start this PRC only a few hours after announcing the results of the last one.

Toilet Goat selected the source for this round:

So I won the competition thank you very much for that , and so I get to choose the song... allright, how bout this one:

the game is Snake's Revenge, a spinoff of Metal Gear, yet very good game IMHO. Song name: Jungle Infiltration

there's one song in OCremixes named Snake's Revenge, but it doesnt have anything to do with this song, coz its from Metal Gear

cheers

PRC195.jpg

Snake's Revenge (NES) - Jungle Infiltration

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

MID File

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY JUNE 6th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of PRC194, Toilet Goat, can't take part, but his vote counts twice. He's also allowed to submit a bonus mix.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Hey guys,

I am going to throw down a remix for this as well. I am not sure if I can top the one posted by amphibious because its so sick man!!

nice job!!

You can always try. When you don't post anything, you are sure you don't beat him.

Remember the slogan: the only way to lose a compo is to not participate.

Good luck.

I noticed a guitar tuning issue that I somehow missed after mixing this, so I fixed it and resubmitted again >.> This is the final version I swear.

Hey guys,

I am going to throw down a remix for this as well. I am not sure if I can top the one posted by amphibious because its so sick man!!

nice job!!

I'm glad you like it, haha. Give it a shot though man, I'm sure someone can do better! Best of luck.

Hey guys, I haven't been about the forums in a few years but I'm back now :P

I used to enter into the cmc sometimes, is that still on the go?

Anyhow, this remix definitely got my juices flowing so I've spent the last 6 hours throwing together this remix:

http://soundcloud.com/decitronic/snakes-revenge-jungle

My ears are pretty tired right now so I'll probably return to it tomorrow or the day after to go over the production and make it more interesting but I thought I'd get it up soon just incase I go missing before the deadline or if there is something I'm missing out on to make my submission invalid etc.

Tell me what you think guys, all c and c is greatly appreciate and once I get listening to the other submissions I'll make sure to give you guys feed back. Cheers!!!

Anyhow, this remix definitely got my juices flowing so I've spent the last 6 hours throwing together this remix:

My ears are pretty tired right now so I'll probably return to it tomorrow or the day after to go over the production and make it more interesting but I thought I'd get it up soon just incase I go missing before the deadline or if there is something I'm missing out on to make my submission invalid etc.

Tell me what you think guys, all c and c is greatly appreciate and once I get listening to the other submissions I'll make sure to give you guys feed back. Cheers!!!

Fine piece mate, keep on going! I'm glad that I chose a song that got remixers to the work, because this 8bit game is one of the bests moments I had in gaming in my childhood... I really dig the passion you guys put to the songs you make! Think I'll do a new remix soon, my skills are too rusty for playing guitar for newer remix so maybe I'll make a trance stylish mix next as a bonus song :) and ppl, submit more remixes! only 3 days left... go go! :razz:

First, welcome back. It's been a while since a CMC happened, I think Abadoss has a busy life and doesn't have time to run them. But of course PRC is still on and you can always partipate in PRC.

Something strange happened at ThaSauce, it doesn't play your song. I think the problem is the size (ThaSauce only allows <6MB). I don't have problems with longer songs. You don't have to make it shorter, but if you do that's OK.

Otherwise I'll edit your song description at ThaSauce and place a link to Soundclick and a back-up place where I'll upload your song.

To everyone: please don't give any feedback yet, wait for that till the voting stage. Post comments in your vote and don't make it public before voting has ended. You are allowed to post your song in the workshop Forum. There it's allowed to post comments, but please don't do it in this thread.

That's odd because I lowered the bitrate to make sure the track was under 6mb, it says on the file properties that it is 5.8mb unless it is registering as a different size after being sent somehow?

Ah Abadoss, haven't talked to him in ages. Does he still post on the forums atall?

You'll be seeing a good bit of me here at the PRC don't worry! ;)

That's odd because I lowered the bitrate to make sure the track was under 6mb, it says on the file properties that it is 5.8mb unless it is registering as a different size after being sent somehow?

Ah Abadoss, haven't talked to him in ages. Does he still post on the forums atall?

You'll be seeing a good bit of me here at the PRC don't worry! ;)

I don't know, maybe you should try to upload your song again.

4 Entries already and bonus mixes from Toilet Goat. It's been a while ago since that happened. Great work all. But the more, the better.

@Toilet Goat, you may upload one bonus mix at ThaSauce, just make sure to add [bonus] to your song title.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 5 entries are submitted and 2 bonus tracks. It is a very good turn-out, the best since a while. Good work.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third. It is not allowed to vote for Toilet Goat's track

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote.

Toilet Goat has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, June 6th at 9:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC196.

Important: when you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

The songs:

Ampihbous - Enter The Jungle (By Any Means Necessary)

Mizu - A Heartbeat in the Jungle

Chevamiah - Into the Space Jungle

Gilleece - Filling Your Body at the Jungle, really going for it

Marcusg - Snake For Fun

Bonus Mixes

Toilet Goat - Club Snake

Toilet Goat - The Unsung Snakes Venture